Take The Escapist's World of Warcraft Anniversary Quiz(zes)!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
3nimac said:
'beat' the normal quiz first try, although Mankik's (or whatever his name was) wife question was a guess :)

Fail on the impossible one though, 1/10 and i bet that one was luck too lol
Malicious said:
I did a 100% but the Mankirk question is not fair for us Alliance people! :-D
It was either her or Bingles, and she's probably more well-known to Allies than Bingles is to Horde.

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
Amnestic said:
That definitely sounds like me. I was Pewzap, the human female Warlock during TBC, though briefly Iscantelle the NElf Rogue for the start before I rerolled.
Yeah, I remember you. By any chance, did you do PvP back in vanilla? Somehow I remember fighting you with my druid, Missdruid. (I've heard all the jokes) Could be I also fought with you in some premade we did with that one nelf warrior whose name escapes me...

Nonetheless, what are the chances of this? Randomly scrolling through a forum and finding an old guild mate? I'd say that's fairly low.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
3nimac said:
'beat' the normal quiz first try, although Mankik's (or whatever his name was) wife question was a guess :)

Malicious said:
It was either her or Bingles, and she's probably more well-known to Allies than Bingles is to Horde.
Whatever you say, Mage They Call Jayne(z).

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Rhayn said:
Amnestic said:
That definitely sounds like me. I was Pewzap, the human female Warlock during TBC, though briefly Iscantelle the NElf Rogue for the start before I rerolled.
Yeah, I remember you. By any chance, did you do PvP back in vanilla? Somehow I remember fighting you with my druid, Missdruid. (I've heard all the jokes) Could be I also fought with you in some premade we did with that one nelf warrior whose name escapes me.

Nonetheless, what are the chances of this? Randomly scrolling through a forum and finding an old guild mate? I'd say that's fairly low.
I never PvP'd to any great extent during vanilla. Only ranked up to Sergeant, but I did enjoy the brief stints I had in the battlegrounds. Especially the first incarnation of AV :p There were a lot of NElf warriors out there. Memy was probably the most famous on Aggy, for me at least. I was playing in Tempest Dawn back in Vanilla days, but I got out of there soon after TBC hit.

They were (and likely still are) freaking terrible. When the guild leader told me I had to attend a Zul'Gurub raid when I was grinding Aldor rep for my exalted sword, I decided enough was enough and jumped ship soon after.

And yeah, not exactly the most likely scenario in the world is it? \o/

CantFaketheFunk said:
3nimac said:

Malicious said:
I played Alliance, who the bloody hell is Bingles? o_O

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Amnestic said:
Rhayn said:
Amnestic said:
Yeah, I remember you. By any chance, did you do PvP back in vanilla? Somehow I remember fighting you with my druid, Missdruid. (I've heard all the jokes) Could be I also fought with you in some premade we did with that one nelf warrior whose name escapes me.

I never PvP'd to any great extent during vanilla. Only ranked up to Sergeant, but I did enjoy the brief stints I had in the battlegrounds. Especially the first incarnation of AV :p There were a lot of NElf warriors out there. Memy was probably the most famous on Aggy, for me at least. I was playing in Tempest Dawn back in Vanilla days, but I got out of there soon after TBC hit.

They were (and likely still are) freaking terrible. When the guild leader told me I had to attend a Zul'Gurub raid when I was grinding Aldor rep for my exalted sword, I decided enough was enough and jumped ship soon after.

And yeah, not exactly the most likely scenario in the world is it? \o/

CantFaketheFunk said:
3nimac said:

Malicious said:
I played Alliance, who the bloody hell is Bingles? o_O
Exactly :p

(Bingles is a Gnome pilot who gets shot down over Loch Modan and you need to find him. "Where's Bingles?" is the Loch Modan equivalent of "Where's Mankrik's wife?")

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Whooooo 60%, since I've never played WoW, I consider that pretty good.
BTW, I don't know how some of you can finish these quizes in like 20 seconds. It takes me at least 5 seconds to read each question so I'm looking at a min. of 50 seconds.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
I am Spy said:
warbaloon said:
In the mountains!
I remember you... In the mountains!

Everybody in my guild shouts that down teamspeak whenever we fight him. :D
You mortals who dare to interfere with my sport will pay! But wait...you...I remember you...in the mountains...but...what is this?

I can recite it verbatim. That's what two consecutive nights of almost nothing but Thorim hardmode gets you =_=

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
This is she. [http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Zappewpew]

I logged off in DPS gear though, she's primarily a tank and she's about a tiers worth better than that.

Also note the last log in date :p I quit mid August.
Your Unholy spec is a bit weird.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Gormourn said:
The Great JT said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
3nimac said:

Malicious said:
Whatever you say, Mage They Call Jayne(z).
I remember that guy! Back from 2007, during the BC beta... I remember his awesome guides, I think I still have a few bookmarked on my alt computer.
Glad you liked them ;)

-TMTCJ(z)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Vlane said:
Amnestic said:
This is she. [http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&n=Zappewpew]

I logged off in DPS gear though, she's primarily a tank and she's about a tiers worth better than that.

Things may have changed, but 0/10/61 was one of the top DPS contenders before I quit.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Gormourn said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
\

Glad you liked them ;)

-TMTCJ(z)
It's a small world after all... Out of all places, I wouldn't expect to meet someone from WoW that I have seen on the forums a few times here.
Now the next unexpected thing would be to run into an old guildie... I'ma give it a chance, ALRU (the shaman) WHERE ARE YOU? I'm totally Svenka/ that dwarf female DK, forgot the name

Are you still playing your mage, burning things and everything? Or is it all left behind
now?
He's retired at level 70 for now. I main a Druid for the moment, but maybe I'll get around to leveling him to 80 sometime :)

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
Vlane said:
Amnestic said:

Things may have changed, but 0/10/61 was one of the top DPS contenders before I quit.
Yeah they did. 16/0/55 is currently the best 2h Unholy spec.