Take this Quiz to Discover What Kind of Gamer You Are!

Lauren Admire

Rawrchiteuthis
Aug 8, 2008
Take this Quiz to Discover What Kind of Gamer You Are!

Ever wondered what kind of gamer you are? Wonder no longer!

There are many different types of videogames, so why wouldn't there be just as many different kinds of gamers? You might know a few of them: The friend that only plays MMOGs; the pal who can't put down a game until he's collected every item and unearthed every secret; the buddy who plays Plants vs.Zombies like a fiend. With so many possibilities, it can be hard to figure out what category you fall into. So, that's why we've created this nifty quiz.

This quiz is a little different than the ones you may be used to from us. It's a personality quiz, which means that there is no right answer. Just choose the answer that appeals the most to you, and our fancy algorithms will do the rest. You can take the quiz as many times as you want, and there's a badge to be had for you to display your Gamer type to everyone. Make sure you tell us how accurate your results were!

Enjoy! (Take the Quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/83])

(Image)

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
I got the Grouper. It doesn't quite seem me though, seeing as I answered a lot as the sort of "games are art!" guy.

CezarIgnat

Jul 5, 2009
Hey that was awesome :D...the result was pretty accurate...I guess I am an explorer. Still I would have loved some more choices :). (Like Oblivion/Morrowind at the play over and over again)

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
I got the "Pony-Lover"....Thanks Susan.

something about bright and colourful and wanting to hug it.....

I'm a story based gamer if the story doesnt stand up I cant play it, it doesnt have to be pretty, doesnt have to even be great mechanics or all that challenging it just has to be (and wach out as I will cough up blood saying this...Compelling *cough*shudder*

not sure I liek all the Questions (especially protagonist one as I dont like ANY of them) and some could have benefited from a 'none of the above' choice.

interesting to see if im in the minority on my disagreements

GnomeThief

Apr 9, 2009
The explorer. That sounds about right. Even in games that aren't sandboxes I won't feel any reason to proceed until I've swept over every inch of the game world.

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Pony Lover? If it's cute and cuddly, I'll play it? And maybe give it a hug?

How about, I have been playing games for almost 30 years, and I see no problem with playing a game that's 'cute and cuddly', as long as it's fun and enjoyable. It seems to me that the result depended entirely on that one question of which character I most relate to. What were my choices? A list of gruff and empty, masculine archetypes, or 'Mario, et. al.'.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
So despite me answering the questions regarding story with the options that make the story seem the most important part to me, I got the Explorer, which means I don't care about the story... wierd.

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/83.47-The+Explorer]

this explains why i never finish oblivion

Lowbreed

Jul 4, 2009
Dead Eye.

Why is it a woman as the picture?! (kidding...)
Not surprising, though many questions should/could have had a NONE OF THE ABOVE answer.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
The Pony Lover?

WHY SUSAN WHY!?!??! WHY WOULD YOU MOCK ME SO!?!??!

But really, The Pony Lover? Whaaaa....?

I would say I'm more of a grouper.
There's nothing better than a game with your buddies at your side.

Edit: Oh, and now you mock me with a badge that bears the resimblence of Lady GaGa, IT IS SO ON!

Edit 2: Oh, here we go! I got The Grouper this time! Unlike the "Pony" award, this one is so me!

Woem

May 28, 2009
There is a serious lack of RPG options in this quiz. But I ended up as a Tactician anyway so I'm happy.

CGAdam

Nov 20, 2009
Jack of All Games, apparently. Semi-true, at least. I'll play a lot of different types, but I do tend to finish.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
[br] The Tactician [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/83.53-The+Tactician] [br] Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/83]

I guess that kinda fits.