Take-Two CEO Says the Company is Under-Monetizing its Users

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
DLC that is just cosmetic, or DLC storylines that take nothing from the base game are fine by me. I can buy them or not as I choose, and they have no effect on the actual single player game play. It's only when they add DLC that changes the way the base game plays that I start to have problems. By all means, add multiplayer skins and the like, if you can make a buck off of it, more power to you.

Mothro

Jun 10, 2017
Bat Vader said:
I'm fine with micro-transactions as long as they are fairly priced, optional, and don't give players an edge over other players.
That is why you have this:

Bat Vader said:
Developers that sell the best weapons in multiplayer as "early" packs are scum.
It's a process and they ask people to cross more and more lines and now here we are. They don't care that you they think they are scum but they are probably happy you aren't publicly condemning micro-transactions but rather accepting some of them. Now maybe you aren't buying them but some people are and those people probably started by buying inconsequential micro-transactions, the ones you say are fine and from there became more accustomed to buying them until buying them for in-game advantages seemed only natural.

LunarRepublic

Oct 23, 2016
Aaaaaaand Take Two just took down the modding tool OpenIV, essentially banned all modding on GTA V.
I gotta say, I'm impressed at how hard they're trying to become another EA Games. Now the obvious next step is to announce more paid DLC content, just to pour salt on the player base's wounds.