Take Your First Look at Soul Calibur V

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Well as long as I can still play as (a now 40 year old) Kilik, I'll be happy.

Zelbio

Mar 29, 2009
I'll try not to get my hopes up until i see a release date.
But until then...
Damn, I Can't wait.

Hawkeye16

Nov 15, 2009
None of the characters I actually like made it into the trailer. Still excited though.

Edit: A 17 year timeskip? Wont most of the cast have died of old age by then?

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
NuSix3 said:
SCIV was probably the best fighting game to come out in ten years. Not sure why people are hating on it...
Eh... I much prefered SCIII to IV.

I'm glad that they're saying that they are trying to make the gameplay more continuous. I'm really hoping that means bringing back the speed that III had.

I'm also hoping for no ridiculous cross-over characters. They seemed to have stuck to having those on even numbers though, so maybe we won't see any.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
I'm guessing the PS3 version will have Kratos in it? In fact, I'm prepared to put money on that fact.

Can the 360 version have either the Arbiter (energy sword) or Marcus Fenix (Lancer) then? That would be entertaining.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Get rid of the destructible clothes.
Get rid of the stat changing clothes.
Make character creation as good as 3.
No guest characters.(Well...maybe but the only ones that were good were Link and Spawn)
Bring back Chronicle of the Sword.
Bring back Team Battle mode.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
So...the little blond guy is the new main character?...

The concept art looked good, not sure I like the finished design though...
Hopefully he's not THAT important.

Otherwise...don't know what to say, not much info to go on. Not big on fighting games myself.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Lets see. Chronicles of the Sword and Tira.

Bring back both of those, and I'll be happy.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Please be good...Please be good.

Loving the looks of the new soul calibur and soul edge...and there bound to have most the cast back, I mean...take Yohsimitsu, he's in Teken too, so age ain't a problem for that robo samurai

(And yes, I am aware it's probably a -different- yoshimitsu.)

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
So long as it does things SC 2 style, I'll buy it, that was easily one of the best games I had on my gamecube.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
That's it? That's the trailer?

Am I the only one who noticed that the trailer didn't actually show much of anything?

ozium

Feb 8, 2011
17 years after Soul Calibur IV and on top of that, Patroclus it the main character. Seriously man, the last thing we need is more 1950's aryanist depictions of mediterranean people. Taki's my main and if she is taken out or you have to play as a 46 year old version of her then I'm not interested. Please dont make some unbelievable pretty boy idiot the main character and please don't go 17 years into the future.

Grahav

Mar 13, 2009
Hawkeye16 said:
None of the characters I actually like made it into the trailer. Still excited though.

Edit: A 17 year timeskip? Wont most of the cast have died of old age by then?
Well, they didn't die by continous stabbing so, who knows?

I hope the new cast is good. The veterans were great but five consecutive games with the same faces have tired the franchise to me.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
17 years after IV? I do so hope that Ivy has been keeping in shape. The sag would be truly terrifying.