Take Your MMOG With You

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Take Your MMOG With You

Launching today for the Fallen Earth MMOG, AFK Interactive's mobile companion app lets you chat, send mail and craft items all on your phone.

Read Full Article

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
What happens if you aren't next to a mailbox? I know it only matters in some games, but if it lets you send mail or make auctions without actually being at the relevant place in-game, people could just use that while logged in so that they don't have to make the trek to a city.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
An interesting application, though not sure if I would use it. Usually I plan well enough in advance that I am never late for anything, and as for checking the Auction House I am not that big into merchanting items to really have a need for it 24/7. That being said, I am sure that many other people would find use for this application. I wonder if it will be compatible with the vast majority of online games. F2p games, or even games hosted overseas. I would like it to be compatible with FFXIV ^~^!

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Tharwen said:
What happens if you aren't next to a mailbox? I know it only matters in some games, but if it lets you send mail or make auctions without actually being at the relevant place in-game, people could just use that while logged in so that they don't have to make the trek to a city.
It doesn't matter if your character is logged out next to a mailbox, I don't think.

But it can't be gamed as you suggest because you can't be logged into two places at once. You're either logged in with your PC or with the phone, you can't be both.

KrazyKain

Jun 2, 2010
this is pretty awesome, I'd get it mainly for the chat system, it'd be nice if any clan/guild members who couldnt make it to an event could just log on and say, hey.. i cant make it

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
It'd be interesting to see what the game's like, but since they have no trial and I don't buy MMOs without being able to try them first, I'm not spending my money and they lost a potential customer.

I'm suprised companies don't offer trials sooner than a year after release considering the competition

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
If they were to release one for WoW I would pay for it. I know that the iPhone has similar stuff for WoW but I'll be damned if I'm gonna fork out the money for that piece of garbage when my Samsung smartphone looks, feels and works a million times better. It refuse to be locked to the Apple network.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
VanQQisH said:
If they were to release one for WoW I would pay for it. I know that the iPhone has similar stuff for WoW but I'll be damned if I'm gonna fork out the money for that piece of garbage when my Samsung smartphone looks, feels and works a million times better. It refuse to be locked to the Apple network.
I too refuse to kowtow to our Apple overlords just yet, but I think that the WoW apps are available for Android phones too.

http://us.wowarmory.com/wow-remote.xml

Only problem is that you have to pay extra to actually post anything.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
Hrmmm...Just when I thought - here away from a computer, I am safe from gaming...*BAM!*

A little leprechaun jumps out and says "tadaaa! I give you AFK"

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
When I used to have to contact my guild when I couldn't access the game I would just use Facebook. :p