Taking bansturbation to a new level of stupid

Limitedthought

Nov 23, 2009
Expected legitimate petition.
Will not be taken seriously.
Chance of it reaching the required signatures is extremely low.

Good laugh from troll signs? Yeah.
The only reason that petition will have any signatures at all will be people having a laugh and signing ES references.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
Everything about this petition says troll. I could go on and on and point out how, but fuck it. It's not worth the energy. This petition has 82 signatures and will be lucky if it gets 82 more.

DRes82

Apr 9, 2009
Damn it, how the shit does the white house have all my information without entering it?

I went to sign it "Talos from Markarth" and it autofilled my real name and city in!

Heh actually kind of scary when I think about it.

Virmire

Sep 25, 2011
Wait... Did someone take that post on the christian exremeist website seriously?!

I dearly hope to god that this was the same people who made that site...

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I heard about this on Christwire...it's parody, Christwire makes fun of conservative media.

I believe they also had a list of bullet-pointed 'warnings' that spelled out "DOVAHKIIN" though I can't remember what exactly they were.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Meh. I barely laughed.
It's not really witty to produce something you'd see on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Unless my memory fails me, this nation wasn't founded on Christian values at all. I could be remembering my history incorrectly. That said, this petition is absolutely ridiculous - not just for the call to ban a perfectly lovely game (not that the idea of banning wouldn't be ridiculous anyway), but for the simple fact that Blizzard didn't even make Skyrim.

On the bright side, if this is actually a joke petition, it's kind of funny. Unfortunately, after seeing certain lawyers in the US attempt to ban videogames "for the children", I'm not certain it isn't serious.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
[

A nation founded by drug dealers, slave owners, pirates, and men who routinely whored. Frequently with slaves. YOU'RE RUINING THE GOOD CHRISTIAN MORALITY THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ON!
They're ruining a foundation that only ever existed in their heads. Let them have their fun...It's amusing. =D

TheScientificIssole

Jun 9, 2011
Zachary Amaranth said:
Whereas sexual perversion and homosexuality are threatening to destroy the Christian foundations on which this nation was built,
A nation founded by drug dealers, slave owners, pirates, and men who routinely whored. Frequently with slaves. YOU'RE RUINING THE GOOD CHRISTIAN MORALITY THIS NATION WAS FOUNDED ONE!
USA! USA!
OT:Golden rule needs to be broken feed the fuck out of this troll.
MAEK EM' BEEG AN' JUICAH!
EDIT: WABBA J!

Darius Brogan

Apr 28, 2010
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!! Oh...God....Can't...Stop laughing...

On a more serious note, I wonder how many people will take this seriously... Because... it's SO obviously not some Troll out for a laugh.

yookiwooki

Dec 3, 2010
hmmm, cant seem to find Fargoth on the signatures list. Think I might have to change that. It's not like the White House administration actually cares what petitions people put on that site anyways. They've pretty much shot down every petition they get.

the spud

May 2, 2011
BRDEEP BRDEEP BRDEEP BRDEEP!

My retard senses are tingling!

Let's just ignore this and move on.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Why can't anyone ever recognize something as satire anymore?
Because people have gotten so insane that satire can easily be mistaken as truth. (I'm not saying that people who can't tell reality from satire are insane...I'm saying that some people who are so insane that what was previously satire has become a 'lite' version of what people actually believe.)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Revnak said:
People can be gullible. Look at how many people on this very page believed this was a "real" petition (yes it is technically real, but I think you know what I mean)\
Have you looked at some of the other petitions on there? the ones that are ostensibly real?

It's not gullibility to buy that this could be a real petition because people are legitimately petitioning for stupid things. Not just on whitehouse.gov, either. It's not gullibility, the bar is really that low. One of the only petitions to make it to the requisite signatures was one asking the Government to come clean about aliens.

...Like our masters would allow that....Oh no, i've said too much.
o.o?? which masters cause i think you and i sever 2 different entities

OT: i loled XD hard XD

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
aprildog18 said:
DressedInRags said:
Trolling. Definetly trolling.

Or.... or fucking something.

I don't even know anymore. But if you want a laugh, check the number of signatures needed and then compare it to the number of signatures racked up. Then look at the names of about a third of the people who signed it.

Phlakes said:
Oh, internet satire. So misunderstood.

I remember how many people were trolled by the article this was based on.
Out of interest, which article would that be?
http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

enjoy.

I urge you to read the comments too.
I feel the need to make a post pointing out that that article is, in fact, a satire. The whole site is.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Clive Howlitzer said:
Why can't anyone ever recognize something as satire anymore?
It kinda gets hard to tell sometimes as there really are people out there who are serious about this kind of thing. Like Westboro Baptist church. Pretty sure they're serious a lot of the time, despite how absurdly stupid the things they do are.