Tales From The Borderlands Launches... Tomorrow (11/25)!

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tales From The Borderlands Launches... Tomorrow (11/25)!

In an extreme case of "leaving it to the last minute," Tell Tale Games has announced that Tales From The Borderlands will launch tomorrow (11/25).

Update: Tell Tale has confirmed via a separate Tweet [https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/537064583463464960] that the game will launch on February 26th for Xbox One, and December 3 for Xbox 360.

Original Story: Back in May, Tell Tale Games (of Sam and Max fame), announced that it would be producing a new adventure game series based on the Borderlands franchise: Tales From The Borderlands [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-now/9156-Tales-From-the-Borderlands-Coming-Summer-2014]. At the time, we were told it would be coming in "Summer, 2014", but it was eventually pushed back to "November, 2014". As we were fast approaching the end of November, Tell Tale had yet to post a solid date, and many assumed that the game would be delayed again. Thankfully, in an extreme case of "leaving it to the last minute," Tell Tale Games has announced that Tales From The Borderlands will launch tomorrow (11/25).

"'Tales from the Borderlands' - 11/25 (PC) - 11/25 PlayStation 4 & PS3 in North America" posted the Official Tell Tale Twitter [https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/537054623186812928]. It added that additional dates and platforms were forthcoming, so don't worry, Xbox owners, you haven't been forgotten!

This announcement means that today is the last day you can pre-order the title on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/330830/] for a 10% discount (as of writing, you have 14 hours left until release).

It's certainly a nice surprise, especially since people were expecting bad news. The only problem I have with this release is that now I have another game to add to my "November New Release Madness" pile, alongside Warlords of Draenor, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Pokemon: Omega Ruby.

Curse you, Holiday period, for forcing developers to all release at the same time!

Source: Tiwtter [https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/537054623186812928]

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Only north america? Not on xbox? Well with my uk based 360, i feel a little miffed.
Actually thats a lie. I dont even know anything about this ...er...game?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm sorry, what?

Already? I mean, I'm not complaining, but for a while they have been saying it's not ready and that it will be available soon. So, I guess 'soon' means 'right now-ish'.

Still, hooray for tomorrow...?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Is this really a surprise...? I've known this for like a month, since today is the day Steam has had the release date listed as for a while now.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't know how anyone could justify buying this as it will be in at least two Steam sales before it's completely released. I would also wait for reviews on something like this.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'm interested, but I'm gonna wait a little while.

Mostly because I want to see some reviews. I've liked pretty much every telltale game I've played to date, but that doesn't mean they can't mess up(Jurassic Park was apparently terrible, in a strange fluke). TftBl will probably be another hit but I can wait.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
Who needs reviews? They just played the entire 1st episode on stream at the Alamo Drafthouse (which I'd be at if it weren't for freaking exams). It looks like pretty standard Telltale fare with a dose of Borderlands humor. Basically, exactly what it says on the tin.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
Bloody hell, I completely forgot about this. Is it a good or bad thing that they're announcing the launch in such short notice?

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Halyah said:
But wasn't this just recently announced....? Is this a rush job then? I'm so confused! 6_9
It was announced a long while ago.

Dalisclock said:
I'm interested, but I'm gonna wait a little while.

Mostly because I want to see some reviews. I've liked pretty much every telltale game I've played to date, but that doesn't mean they can't mess up(Jurassic Park was apparently terrible, in a strange fluke). TftBl will probably be another hit but I can wait.
Basically anythin since 2012 has been great. Jurassic Park and Back to the Future were what could best called the building blocks for future releases. Jurassic Park had a lot of the QTE stuff while Back to the Future played around with the dialogue. They built on those 2 to create Walking Dead Season 1, then built on that to create Wolf Among Us and TWD Season 2.

I just picked it up myself and thoroughly enjoyed the first chapter. They definitely nailed Borderlands humor, and the story set up is pretty good so far. We'll see how it goes later, but so far definitely impressed.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Woah? Isn't this abit short notice? Either way I won't be getting it straight away for other reasons (too many games to play at the moment).

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I knew it was coming out tomorrow for like a week now... Just saying.

Yeah, I bought it, played it, and loved it. Fantastic addition to the Telltale list of amazing games.