Tales from the Table: Chapter 1: A Tale of Goblin Warriors

Bryan Quezada

Mar 20, 2011
I counted that I facepalmed myself at least 4 times during the video laughing.

And I slammed my forehead on my desk when the DM dressed as a woman lol.

Harry Mason

Mar 7, 2011
The way that is was overacted kind of put me off, but perhaps it's because I love how much the Dead Gentlemen underact in "the Gamers."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvH4PskPZ4M

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
It was okay, but stuff needs to start happening.

phoenix352 said:
Doomsday Arcade season 2 please ...
You do realize that Doomsday Arcade is done, finished, they wrapped it up. It had a clear ending.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
This Episode is too much like that 80's show. I liked that 80's show better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_80s_Show

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Shoggoth2588 said:
I'm really liking this new series; keep it up :3

Also, if you can use the lightsaber, why not just use The Force to fry those goblin warriors where they stood? It would avoid unnecessary damage to the bow itself. Just saying.
It's not a lightsaber. That would be copyright infringement. /Gamers 2

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
The production values are surprisingly well done, I'm impressed. I love how it constantly switches back and forth between reality and the fantasy (potential future episode? Hmmm, doubt it, but could be interesting).

However, I do have some of the same criticisms that others have said;

-I don't play D&D, and I'm sure many others don't (and do). D&D references are all well and good, but try not to alienate those who aren't "in" on the joke.
-Try to avoid making the D&D players blatant stereotypes (even though, in a way, D&D kind of relies on preset character models). They don't have to be fully 3-dimensional characters, but from what I've seen there's just the "creepy guy" goblin, "the fat one" who of course goes for Sci-fi, "the girl" who seems to go too quickly into adoring the men, "the skinny nerd" who's just, well, the skinny nerd, and "the uptight buzzkill" GM.
-Especially be careful with the female character, please don't make her just eye-candy or a pure ditz. I'm sure there are many thing you can do with the "OMG, a GIRL!" scenario, just be careful with it.
-As someone stated earlier, these guys do come off as a bit too wacky with each other. It's difficult to see why they'd gather together for a D&D game. That's something this could easily delve into, why do people play D&D games? It doesn't have to be dramatic or anything, keep the comedy if you can think of something. But a D&D game (to my knowledge) requires cooperation with the group to be successful, and this just comes off as a bunch of people living out their own fantasies instead of a group of friends joining in for an adventure.

I say these criticisms in the utmost sincerity. So far I feel that this is coming off as a strong new series. This series is kicking to a good start, but of course it could be better in many areas. This is an intriguing idea, and it'd be great to have another series to look forward to on the weekends.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Am I the only one who's first thought with the...lazer sword...is that you cant shoot it with a bow because it would cut through the wood of the shaft?

kmw_88

Nov 4, 2010
Haha the queen of sexville is so sexy. I am going to hire her for my next party. Woo!

kmw_88

Nov 4, 2010
Saelune said:
Am I the only one who's first thought with the...lazer sword...is that you cant shoot it with a bow because it would cut through the wood of the shaft?
Totally! But it looked cool....

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
matthew_lane said:
*pulls up a chair and waits to see what will happen first, cancelation or this show becoming in some way funny*
I agree, I too have nothing better to do than spend my time sitting on a chair waiting for shit to happen. Should I do something else?.... nah better keep waiting.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
I liked it. Very "Gamers" but there where not enough of thoes films made so this fills a hole. Rufus made me laugh the most. Played alongside many of them.

simqueen88

Nov 2, 2010
I loved it, well done guys!
My favourite part was when the barbarian winked at the camera. Such a womanizer.
Keep them coming, can't wait to see what the main plot line will reveal.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
CommanderKirov said:
3:44 minutes on bi-weekly basis?

I'm sorry but that's... Well that's quite a little amount of content don't you think?
Considering the costumes and all... That's not so little. Though 5+ minutes would be a lot better.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
hahaha I was in tears from the barbarian's story. So damn funny!

I swear this is how my d&d campaign some times goes...

storne

Jul 14, 2009
phoenix352 said:
Skjalg Kreutzer said:
^ this.
another show in the long line of meh shows were getting lately..

Doomsday Arcade season 2 please ...
DEAR GOD YES!!!
While I kinda like this show, doomsday arcade was one of the best shows on the escapist.