Tales from the Table: Chapter 13: A Tale of Two Lives

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
BlindMessiah94 said:
Mine's not loading...just keeps buffering infinitely. Anyone else with this problem? All other escapist videos load fine for me.
Ya, just buffering for me aswell. So far it's been buffering for 1 hour =/
I had same problem with "Drinking Games" yesterday, but not it started after only 5 minutes. >.<

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Somebloke said:
Oh man! The way the personalities in the groups mirrored each other! :D
lol Hell I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Very slick.

" .... You're hot !!" Great timing.

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Nice character developement. I'm giving this show all the good luck I can spare (42?) in the hopes it will stay for some time to come. Or something.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
This show just gets better and better. Best thing on the Escapist after ZP. So why is it hidden all the way down at the bottom of the videos? Deffo needs more love.

I had the same buffering problem as others, though. Wouldn't work last night at all, but played after ~5mins of buffering today.

Sarsaparilla

Apr 13, 2011
Great episode! I especially liked the revelation about why the DM's sister always seems so uptight about the game. Please keep the episodes coming! You guys are doing great work & are high on my lists of reasons to keep coming back to the Escapist :)

Zero_ctrl

Feb 26, 2009
Lord_Goose_Man said:
Chapter 13: A Tale of Two Lives

Ceredwyn spends some time away from the group with some of her other friends. Balancing these two worlds proves difficult.

Watch Video
The video won't play for me.
The advertisement will play, and then it just gets stuck at the loading circle on top of the title card.

All the other videos on the Escapist including the other Tales from the Table videos are working for me, so why isn't this one?

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to watch the video after waiting 15 minutes. Great show.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Aww, it ended on a happy note. :)

There's something about the film-style that lends to the awkward nerdiness. It works. :)

khiliani

May 27, 2010
He he he, lots of aussie in jokes in this episode, good to see some more local content on the escapist

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Oh, finally it worked on my computer!

Interesting episode. Did that girl take someone else's disgarded nachos of the next table? ew.
uzo said:
Somebloke said:
Oh man! The way the personalities in the groups mirrored each other! :D
lol Hell I didn't even notice until you mentioned it. Very slick.
Did anyone else notice the fingerless glove on that one girl like Rufus has?

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Not gonna lie... I thought the first, like, three episodes were.. well.. bad. as in, not very good. Like, at all.

And then, suddenly, the core game started, and the show became my current favorite on the escapist. The characters are fun and almost believable, and there have been a few clever moments mixed in with the more cliche.

Some of the things I liked about this episode: Ceredwyn is suddenly human and interesting. She has an actual life, with actual problems. Bit hipster, but that never really bothered me.

The lesbianism joke was clever, like telling your friends that you role-play is akin to telling them your gay.

Also... some humanity from the sister was nice to see (does she have a name?). I actually like how she has multiple levels of personality; hates to see her brother wasting his life, but has a draconian work ethic. She's neither right or wrong.

Main thing I didn't like: The ending. The friend's could have not cared, even joked that that was what had Ceredwin all worked up. Or, they could have had her friends make fun of her, showing their colours in an unexpected twist. But... "they all role-play too"? So... they all thought she was the cool one, and didn't invite her to ply with them because... they were a bunch of dumb-asses. How is it that they all ended up playing DnD and she didn't? How does that even happen? It just... it just didn't make sense. And I'm not even going to comment on the staleness of the acting in that final scene, or the sappiness of the ridiculous revelation.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
See, this is not just a story about a game, It's a story about the people who play it and the lives they live outside of the GM table

Great show so far guys // Quickly becoming my fav thing on the Escapist

-M

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Liquid Paradox said:
And I'm not even going to comment on the staleness of the acting in that final scene, or the sappiness of the ridiculous revelation.
OH NO YOU JUST DID!!! SHIT!

Havzad

Oct 9, 2010
the reason i love this show, is that as a D&D DM all the problems have come up in some minor way, i honestly love that the show is less for laughs and more for actual growth in the characters (but the witty sections make it even better)
the show isn't perfect, but then i don't watch stuff on the web looking for perfection.

anyways, love the show!!

Mkvenner

Jun 12, 2010
You look different....

Wait a minute....your HOT!!

I loled hard! xD
Keep up the great work.

Tom Artingstall

Sep 23, 2011
Maybe it's just me but for some reason this episode just plain refuses to load. The others all work fine, but this one hasn't worked for me since it was uploaded.