Tales from the Table: Chapter 14: A Tale of a Siren's Call

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
As always great series and this only leaves me wanting more. If I cosplay I am going to be Rufus!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
That was epic. Though I can't help but wonder if there might be a curse on that bag... Infinite stuff = high price. I guess?

Also: Did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
iblis666 said:
War Penguin said:
-1 virtue for looting a monk? Lame! If role playing games have taught me anything, it's loot everything. EVERYTHING.

And I too was only slight confused by the first few minutes. The end of that sequence was great, though. XD

I wish this was weekly and not every other week.
pfft yeah if gaming has taught me anything its loot everything as well since there is always the chance of finding something on even a nude body for example i once looted a +2 cold iron long sword from a dire wolf, hell if that monk has been around 3k years he must at least have a belt of storm giant strength or boots of haste or even an amulet of concentration
He's a monk. If he didn't have some Wisdom-boosting stuff after three thousand years he's doing it wrong.

Also, part way through the opening I totally called it being Rufus's imagination.

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
John the Gamer said:
That was epic. Though I can't help but wonder if there might be a curse on that bag... Infinite stuff = high price. I guess?

Also: since when did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.
Hey, We didn't actually hire a special effects company, it's still all being done by 1 person who has been doing it from the very beginning of the series, the very talented Ted Adair. Check out his blog here - http://tedadair.com/blog/

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
This show's going from strength to strength!

It's obviously mates having fun with a limited budget, but such great and creative production, the editing, sound, SFX, script. All so good, especially compared to so-called 'professionals' like Jim Sterling, with his shitty camera, shitty mic, and 0 CHA.

Keep it up, guys!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Lord_Goose_Man said:
John the Gamer said:

Also: since when did you hire a cgi/special effects company to help out? It looks awesome.
Hey, We didn't actually hire a special effects company, it's still all being done by 1 person who has been doing it from the very beginning of the series, the very talented Ted Adair. Check out his blog here - http://tedadair.com/blog/
Yeah I got htat much, it was more meant as a: "Wow this looked epic I can't beleive you guys did that"-statement of sorts.

Anyways, keep it up. The character developement is really deep and interesting.

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
Once again I'm blown away by the story, effects, etc. I'm already starting to wonder which plot threads you're going to wrap up and which ones you're going to leave for potential future seasons. Keep it up guys!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Just. Plain. Awesome.
The start was so wtf-like.
The vid that showed how the bag worked was also hilarious.
And the fight scenes were pretty nice, too. I am really loving this series, it is so damn interesting!

TheAngryMonkey

Nov 18, 2009
Love this show, so good.
You guys are officially, the best show on the Escapist.
Hilarious ending, -1 Virtue love it.
Reminds me of players that would walk into EVERY room, and check for traps.

standokan

May 28, 2009
Thank god for the DM not playing the sirens, shivers down my spine for even thinking about it.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010

is this ... the song ... ?

Anyway, great stuff. To be perfectly honest, I really hated the show when I first saw it. But so damn good now

Regeaj

Aug 3, 2011
SUNNUVA *checks dice bag* hmm, they are still there, but that die at 2:31, the one that Rufus was putting in Thordans' mouth, I have that dice set, they are red and white elven dice

Also, at 3:49 look at Falkor's face, it looks like a Troll Face