Tales from the Table: Chapter 15: A Tale of the Final Approach

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Chapter 15: A Tale of the Final Approach

The Adventurers are nearing the end of their epic quest. Maybe if that pesky Minstrel would leave them alone they would make some progress.

Watch Video

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
Well that was awesome. I like how the DM is slowly losing his mind and going crazy btw. A lunatic at the helm always leeds to epic shipwrecks. Or something.

Although I'm hoping the end of the quest won't mean the end of the series, as this has become quite the shining gem amongst my other weekly favorites.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ha, nice James Bond parody with that flashback with the fight with his sister. No suprise there about the real identity to that minstrel and apparently the DM summon a sci-fi looking rouge or knight? (It sort of look like Boba Fett but coloured red.)

Scarblade

Beta testing life since 1991
Jan 26, 2011
Looks like our DM is afraid of ending the game. Very nice episode, the James Bond parody was nuts and the "old school" fight scene was great.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
Hey, is that TED 308 form Chapter 1? Not exactly the same costume, I think, but it makes sense in context, doesn't it? I want to see where this is going.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Wow. That was positively insane and amazing. But if the season/series is ending...are you guys going to do another show here or somewhere else? Another season? Must have more!

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
wow, they broke like every single rule imaginable in terms of DM/PC relations. I'd love to see what happens next. Let the record show that unless this ends with someone getting magical pants that I will be disappointed.

Somebloke

Aug 5, 2010
The dark undertone of the series may have come through a little bit there.

Still hoping for the monk to return as a disgruntled ghost. :)
...to save them from whatever trouble they may have gotten themselves into by collecting them gems, if nothing else.

Also: Moar! Yes! Seconded, thirded and pi:ed.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Oh dear. It's never a good idea to play when the DM isn't in the mood.
The episode itself was quite funny and well made. Looking forward to the next one.

Sherlock/

Nov 16, 2009
Awesome as always. Easily the best show on the escapist atm, imo.

btw, that is quite an evil laugh you have there...

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Loving the evil DM. I'll need to try running a game like that sometime.
Aureliano said:
But if the season/series is ending...are you guys going to do another show here or somewhere else? Another season? Must have more!
Agreed. This is pretty much the best show on the site, in my opinion, so it'd be a real shame if it ended for good.

LoganN64

Sep 13, 2010
You guys better keep this show going, what else am i going to watch on here besides Movie Bob's Stuff and Zero Punctuation? I DEMAND A SECOND SEASON OF TALES FROM THE TABLE!!!

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
This show is the best one I've seen at the Escapist so far. I'm sad to see it coming to an end soon. I feel bad for the DM. Hope his sister doesn't get away with what she has done without a little payback.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
And the players fail to see how truly screwed they are; the only reason they believe these items will help them win is because the minstrel told them in the first place. That is assuming the DM didn't just ass-pull the whole thing.

Either way; series 2 please.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I love the way he kept on eating the jelly :D

Hydro14 said:
And the players fail to see how truly screwed they are; the only reason they believe these items will help them win is because the minstrel told them in the first place. That is assuming the DM didn't just ass-pull the whole thing.

Either way; series 2 please.

DM ass-pulled it on descent to madness hence "which I definitely didn't just make up" style comment. At least that's what his eyes said

Definitely want a series 2