Tales from the Table: Chapter 2: A Tale of a Priest Lord

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Chapter 2: A Tale of a Priest Lord

With the team in need, they turn to their new Priest Lord?Right before they turn on him.

Watch Video

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
I am actually leaning a bit to.. the cruelty towards that guy was too little for comedy and quite enough for you to feel with the guy. Nothing bad towards the series, really enjoyed the last two!

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Serves him right, that bloody happy Priest...
Great episode, really funny scene with the human shield just too bad there was only one of those scenes:(
Also, thanks for making it longer^^
Keep it up:D

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Hahaha so funny!

I'm really liking this series. Keep it up.

Best thing though is that in my own d&d campaign my ranger/rogue took our barbarian as a human shield from a dragon, so that scene caused major lawls for me.

Marik Bentusi

Aug 20, 2010
Got a couple of chuckles, definitely better than part 1.

I still feel the characters need to be fleshed out better, but maybe that's just because they all had the same opinion (with the usual exception of the GM) this time. The only somewhat likable person so far is the GM tho, and only because it's Average Joe McAverage, hailing from Average City of Averagistan.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Nice episode.
It got a few laughs out of me, but i didn't consider the humor to be the most important part of this episode.
Though, the guy was pretty creepy. Nobody is that positive.

anyways, this made me think about my D&D group. I couldn't possibly imagine us doing something like that( as in, being that mean). Sure, we make fun of each other often, but nothing like "fuck off". daym. Also, the way the players described the new guy at first resembled a player we had and have in our group. But maybe I'm just seeing it wrong, and he's actually being really nice?

Hell no. He just runs ahead ( i mean, literally, we were all walking, then he started sprinting in a dungeon, just to get the kill) and waves his sword. I can't stand that guy! I wish he'd fuck off...

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Wow, another great episode guys! I am really loving the direction. The priest lord was actually very funny. I am sure we have all had an adventurer that was so insanely over eager that we have had to pull him up on it.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
You know, I was half expecting the guy to flip out or something. The way he took it so well... yeah, it was kinda creepy. Still, the human shield part was awesome. I like this new series. Hope the quality remains consistent.

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
Quite good, much better than chapter 1 for certain. Keep this level of quality up guys.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I think I like this show best out of all the new ones, except maybe Lisa's Top 5, but I'm not sure they're comparable. Also, sorry for saying this, but that girl is beautiful.

Keep up the good work, and a story arc would be nice some time in the future.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
Kicking that dude out would never happen. ESPECIALLY if he was willing to bring them food. Nothing gamers hate more than having to get up from the table.

Plus, D&D geeks tend to take whatever gamers they can get. It took alot for our group to tell someone they couldn't come around.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Well now I just kinda feel bad for the guy. :/

Oh well, good episode. Although I kinda hate all the characters now. Still, hatred is more of an investment then apathy. :p

Keep it up guys! I really want this series to succeed.

Badwolf14

Aug 6, 2010
at first i was felt bad for the new guy....but as he kept talking i was just like o.o and went from feeling bad to indifferent lol

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Hmmm, found it more 'disheartening' than 'funny', chaps. If trying to establish the group as 'unlikeable-funny' in a kinda grumpy way, then this issue may have been more suited to coming a bit later once we're more familiar with the players. This grouchy bullying seemed to just come out of nowhere - at odds with the tone of enthusiastic, awkward silliness of the first two episodes.

Having said that, I like what you're trying to do - I'm just not sure if it's trying to reach/intrest a larger audience in tabletop rpgs or generate laughs for those 'in the know'.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
I think there's a simple explanation for the DM's nice treatment of Phil, a nice guy in his own right, and everybody else hating Phil:

The DM is totally gay for Phil and wants to have sex with him. The party feels neglected and needs to throw out their competition so that THEY can sex up the DM in their own repressed not-actually-putting-out ways.

Also, homophobia actually is pretty funny. Overall, I enjoyed the episode, though I feel like the real-world group's relationship could do with a little exploration before the audience can really connect with them. They're all sort of hollow right now.

cnurgi

Mar 13, 2011
LOLOL I Hope This Isn't The Last We See Of Philip!

Man Now I Really Want Nachos!!

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Awwww poor creepy Philip...

The bit where Falcore pushed him into the door made me laugh though. And he looked so grumpy and sulky the first time you see him in this ep! I loved it. I also loved his cheeky little face when he stole the orb thingy.