Tales from the Table: Chapter 2: A Tale of a Priest Lord

AceAngel

May 12, 2010
Good going guys, one advice, do more of those 'DnD Persona in Field' shots (like the Human Shield + Dragon) instead of the dropper shots in basement.

I do believe instead of the part where Philip was pushed, it would have been funnier if he said "OK" and Falcore imagined himself pushing Philip off a cliff as he closed the door.

It might take more time and be more 'expensive', but time them correctly and spread them out nicely and it should be nice.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Overall, this was an interesting episode, though I feel this particular concept ("New Guy" comes in, messes up the stability of the group) came in too early in the series as we barely know the current players. Focus more on the characters you have now, don't go introducing new characters to break the "status quo" of the group (as we haven't seen what the group functions on an episode-to-episode basis yet) so soon, even if they do appear briefly.

Still, an interesting episode as I said. It still has promise, so I do look forward to the next episode. There's some really interesting concepts that could really turn out to be great, so keep those ideas fresh.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Not as bad as the time my friend used MY SOUL as a shield. Like, give a dead guy a break. But no, summons me from the nether world just so i can take a damn fireball to the face. It really would be less fun if everyone just worked together.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well... I guess that's about as united as this party has ever been about anything...

Some funny moments, but wow, do I not like any of these people. I guess that's a step up from them just being role-playing group clichés, in as much as I no longer feel that any of them are stereotypes of people I know...

I feel like I'm still waiting for the hook that will make it clear why I should keep coming back to watch this.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
i know happy people make everyone around them hate them but that was still a bit cringe worthy hope the guy comes back evil seeking revenge :)

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
I did not like this week's episode, the reason being this was not made to make jokes about DND. At first it was a joke about a guy being toady(A person who flatters or defers to others for self-serving reasons) so the DM would give him more loot, but that wasn't the case. Then I thought it was a joke on alignment but it wasn't that either. Now I am sitting here confused as to what the joke might be about.

Needles to say It missed out on great DND joke opportunities.

mrhateful

True Gamer
Apr 8, 2010
Wickerton said:
Kicking that dude out would never happen. ESPECIALLY if he was willing to bring them food. Nothing gamers hate more than having to get up from the table.

Plus, D&D geeks tend to take whatever gamers they can get. It took alot for our group to tell someone they couldn't come around.
Yes while I agree with that, imagine if the guy was truly obnoxious ruining your immersion, then you might want to kick that person out.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
matthew_lane said:
Its both not funny & poorly produced
Not funny is to me is a matter of opinion, no rof lols for me but I did like Phillip. Maybe a little too much. As for poorly produced I would disagree completely, the sheer level of shine in the costumes, shot compositions and special effects are amazing for what I would have to guess is a fairly low budget production. I guess they will hire writers when they can afford it but until then, production values FTW.

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
Am I correct if I guess that this is the setup for later plot happenings? I could totally see super happy and pleasant guy becoming a villain later on. An ever-cheery, always-smiling villain...

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
misterprickly said:
That episode was more "mean" than funny...

Now if it had a twist ending like... the guy put laxatives in the food and spiked the drinks... then maybe.

It would explain why the guy leaves with a smile on his face.
I agree with you. I didn't really find it all that funny.

I think I'm going to stop watching this.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
That guy did have a smile that made you think "I'm going to kill you and wear your skin *creepy smile*" Yep, glad he's gone. Please only bring him back if it's to have him murder the wannabe charmer.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Couldn't see a funny side to any of that story and just felt bad for the guy. There was no real reason for them not to like him other than he had a brighter outlook on things than them.

Jun 16, 2010
The dialogue was really... bad. Was I the only one driven crazy by it? It didn't sound natural at all, for a while I thought it was a parody of something. I mean, for all I know Australians actually talk like that to each other, but it seemed very over-the-top in terms of acting and/or stating the obvious.

The plot of the episode itself was thin. Ten seconds of setting this guy up as a mildly obnoxious ass-kisser, and then about five minutes of needlessly abusing him in ways that aren't even funny enough to make any of it worthwhile. It just makes the characters seem like complete assholes, which are less relatable as a result.

I think the show would be better if it spent the majority of its time in the 'fantasy' world, and only shows the real world when there's a joke and/or distinct reason. When it's the other way around, it all just feels too static and claustrophobic...

wekill

Jan 20, 2011
one question
this is the second real episode and it still dos not a a slot on the side panel is this going to be a "only regulars" get to know about this or is it a we didn't pay the 5$ to get a slot or is a the side bar is full on till they get rid of creature casters?
yes i know its a long question

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
nothing a lvl 17 Paladin/Blackguard with a +4 Vorpal Greatsword can't kill.

"Vorpal. the last word on anything. Ever"

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
wekill said:
one question
this is the second real episode and it still dos not a a slot on the side panel is this going to be a "only regulars" get to know about this or is it a we didn't pay the 5$ to get a slot or is a the side bar is full on till they get rid of creature casters?
yes i know its a long question
....what?

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
matthew_lane said:
Its both not funny & poorly produced
I disagree, the production quality of this is really good. The costumes and special effects on this show so far have been amazing, plus it's just so darn pretty to look at! I don't know what the proper terms are for it but I think it's shot really beautifully.