Tales from the Table: Chapter 3: A Tale of a Girlfriend

jennyd

Mar 27, 2011
So great. I love this series - the acting, the costumes, the production and the funny stories. So well done. Can't wait for the next Chapter...

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
I seriously wanted to give Ceredwyn a hug at the end. Of course, it's possible she'd have knocked me out like she did the DM (which pretty much goes to show how screwed Thordin's girlfriend is).

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I Wan't more! Still feels a little all over the place in terms of narrative but the characters are slowly taking shape. I will give it to episode 5, if there isn't some major character developments in either the real world or fantasy world, then I will.... well probably keep watching, I have to do something while I am in my room waiting for my next D&D game.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Hey, new series on the site! Come look at this!

You see this? Do you? Take notes.

Here we have genuinely clever writing, good acting, perhaps a glimmer of character development all centered around gamers being gamers. This series isn't going to be just a string of D&D jokes. It's going to be a gem.

Keep up the great work guys. Show everyone else how it's done.

TStormer

Aug 24, 2010
This was amazing on so many levels. Keyblade was awesome, I genuinely hated that guy's girlfriend, and the nerd chick was totally cute.

Still needed more ponies.

Freshskills

Nov 2, 2010
another great episode. cant wait for the next one, i can feel a plot beginning to develop.
also the guy with glasses looks like he could give one hell of a gobbie

Bourguit

Oct 19, 2008
Great episode. I loved seeing everyone in "action" and loved the keyblade. I was worried that there was going to be sining in the end after the chocolate was stolen, but that was not case...thank God.

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
I love this series. I just went back to see how bad the gamers fantasy scenes, they are cheap and nasty. Story is good but the fantasy stuff is rubbish. The Games is absolutely shit and boring, who wants to watch that shit? this is totally better

Mikodite

Dec 8, 2010
Why didn't they give the 'girlfriend' a character sheet?

Why didn't they give the 'girlfriend' a character sheet?

WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE THE 'GIRLFRIEND' A CHARACTER SHEET?

They could have at least implied that they asked and she said no for whatever bitchy reason. Else she could be acting like a ***** because she felt excluded from what was going on, not because she was in fact a rotten *****.

No, I'm serious, this angered me in the last episode when I was convinced they wanted the priest lord to leave the campaign because the group didn't want to train a newb, and now its sounding like their tolerating the girlfriend for Thordin's sake, and again didn't bother to ask her to play because they didn't want to train a newb or play with someone's 'girlfriend'.

I'm sorry, but this panders to the worst stereotypes of tabletop roleplayers. I really liked the first two episodes: those where a barrel of fun that poked fun at the game and its players, but now the series is taking refuge in audacity [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity], under the false belief that the more it offends the funnier it becomes.

This will be the last episode I ever watch. That is a message to Escapist, who monitors their shows, cutting the ones that people don't watch because their bottom line depends on them not wasting money hosting content no one wants to see, and thus missing out on advertising opportunities.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
what a *****!
and NOBODY takes another girls chocolate! REVENGE REVENGE!!!!!!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Much improved. We're finally starting to see some group dynamics outside the game, although it's really kinda unclear why Thordin's girlfriend is his girlfriend. She seems to despise his friends, doesn't like that thing she likes, and could probably make him do the dishes without putting out (or whatever goes on, I'd rather not imagine it).

We're also starting to get a reason to care about what happens in the game world now that there's a stake in the real world. Definitely promising.

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Aureliano said:
Much improved. it's really kinda unclear why Thordin's girlfriend is his girlfriend. She seems to despise his friends, doesn't like that thing she likes, and could probably make him do the dishes without putting out (or whatever goes on, I'd rather not imagine it).
I like it, I think it's really funny that this couple should clearly not be together! I know a few couples like that. Although I think most of them have been together for a while, whereas this couple seem pretty new.