Tales from the Table: Chapter 4: A Tale of a New Beginning

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Chapter 4: A Tale of a New Beginning

With a new adventure book comes a new beginning as Princess Ceredwyn must gather a group of mighty warriors to defeat the evil Sorcerer Cryson ... Sometimes you just have to settle, though.

Watch Video

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Best episode yet. The show really has the ball rolling at this point.

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
Great episode! I love that there finally is a little bit of a story going on in the game and not just some jokes. Also nice to have the (game)characters presented a little bit more deeply.

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Hey when you actually have a semblance of a plot it's pretty good :D More episodes like this and i'll keep watching :)

Kian2

Oct 20, 2010
The only thing keeping me from really enjoying the videos is that the characters embody the very worst stereotypes of gamers as people that are awkward, insecure, childish and embarrassed about enjoying 'dress up'. Like the bitchy girlfriend taking the chocolate last episode. I'd like to think we've made it past these outdated stereotypes. I have played pen and paper games in conventions and with friends, and I've never met anyone that even resembled that.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were believable people, and the characters they play were as dysfunctional as any regular player group will be. You can have humor without making fun of the people playing the game.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
A lot of this is really reminiscent of my group, which is kinda funny. I can't tell you how many times one of my characters would just randomly rob and kill random people(sometimes even other Players... Heh... stupid elf)

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Damn awesome.
The quality of this show is just trough the roof. Really sweet.
But what can i say about this episode? Well, i guess haters be hatin'.

Illithidae

Oct 19, 2010
Kian2 said:
The only thing keeping me from really enjoying the videos is that the characters embody the very worst stereotypes of gamers as people that are awkward, insecure, childish and embarrassed about enjoying 'dress up'. Like the bitchy girlfriend taking the chocolate last episode. I'd like to think we've made it past these outdated stereotypes. I have played pen and paper games in conventions and with friends, and I've never met anyone that even resembled that.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were believable people, and the characters they play were as dysfunctional as any regular player group will be. You can have humor without making fun of the people playing the game.
This. Heck, I've played DnD with complete strangers, had fun, and found out through a few sessions that they were pretty much just normal people. Normal, everyday people.

Still very much liking this show, though. Keep up the good work! :D

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
That missing the goblin bit made me think - being inebriated actually should affect your Spot checks, I'm gonna have to use that.