Tales from the Table: Chapter 4: A Tale of a New Beginning

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. I hope it continues to be more story-driven.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
"What have you done to my father, the King?"
"I would like to order... A LARGE HAM!"

Cool vid. Finally a realistic look on the dangerous lives of princesses on the run.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
Definitely the best episode yet, you guys are really getting it together.

On another note, are there really still people like the sister and the girlfriend from the last episode out there? I thought society had moved beyond that. At least in my school, I have never met anyone who looked down on DnD or anything else me and my friends get up to. I spend lunch periods with one of the most likeable, popular kids in school where we have pokemon battles and talk about what we will be EV training next.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
GrimTuesday said:
I kind of want to see a paladin in the group, because what party is complete without a paladin? It may just be fact that I tend to play them, but having an amoral paladin can make for some rather amusing bits.
Hey baby. You want some... lay on hands?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Kian2 said:
The only thing keeping me from really enjoying the videos is that the characters embody the very worst stereotypes of gamers as people that are awkward, insecure, childish and embarrassed about enjoying 'dress up'. Like the bitchy girlfriend taking the chocolate last episode. I'd like to think we've made it past these outdated stereotypes. I have played pen and paper games in conventions and with friends, and I've never met anyone that even resembled that.

I'd enjoy it a lot more if the players were believable people, and the characters they play were as dysfunctional as any regular player group will be. You can have humor without making fun of the people playing the game.
Because they dont go to conventions and are not your friend.
Other people can make it uncomfortable though. Last time I played we had to go to a different place than usuall, and the guy's family constantly mocked us. It made it difficult to stay in character (which is worse when you are DM, and thus have the most characters to be)

Tower 87

Oct 14, 2010
Is that a Cockney Goblin? A Cock Goblin?! Amazing! This is the episode I have been waiting for, a beginning to the story and some more epic fantasy. Keep up the good work.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
4 Episodes later, and you seemed to have learned something. Great episode guys'n'gals!

soulblade06

Mar 27, 2011
I'm glad that they're actually starting a storyline now. The pilot and the first three episodes were good, but a bunch of grown-up nerds stumbling around and getting in eachother's way gets old after a while.

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
DND Judgement said:
hehehe great job guys, also i have a twin sister and being asked that is just fucking stupid...
Same thing happens to my mate. People can be idiots.

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
This probably should have been episode 1, but at least it only took 4 episodes.

Corjha

Mar 14, 2008
After 4 episodes you're starting to develop something, and I don't just mean plot. The idea of the ridiculous, discursive RPG team contrasted with a straight-man leader has been done in more than one other series on the Escapist, but that doesn't mean it's not good or relevant. In this episode there was characterization and humour that was above the puerilities and base derisions of the other episodes. It felt natural and genuine. Keep this level of quality up and you will go far.