Tales from the Table: Chapter 5: Tale of a Dungeon Master

Geek2theRight

May 16, 2011
Yay, I'm loving this series! Also, did anyone else notice the annoying Priest? We now know where he comes from!

simqueen88

Nov 2, 2010
Wow guys, great episode. Loving the parallels that were drawn in this one. Really clever. Can't wait for the next one, and the next one...and the next one after that! Also, that damned Priest Lord is totally going to come back at some point now that he's made this second appearance.

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
hmmm after this maybe there will be little if any anti sentiment attached to this.

Hopefully. As in my opinion it was Brilliant.

jennyd

Mar 27, 2011
I LOVE this series. Great narration, story, acting, make-up, filming... It's just so much fun. Each episode has it's own mini-story linked together by a common premise, the game. Can't wait to see the next one.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
That was a lovely way and ...efficient... way of telling that part of the story. It was a little weird flip when you had to turn the DM from the sympathetic hero into the villain, but I guess that's how DMing works :D

It's a real shame though that you didn't start with these two episodes and do the previous ones earlier. This series needs a relaunch so anyone who gave up on the three episode trial can come back and see their last nitpicks resolved

The Random One

May 29, 2008
OH GOD WHAT KIND OF DM SPENDS SO MUCH TIME ON EXPOSITION

I DEMAND MORE HAM IN THE FUTURE

ONLY IF MY DEMANDS ARE MET I WILL SWITCH OFF CAPS LOCK AND RESUME Talking like a normal oh never mind i touched it and i'm too lazy too switch it back on. you're off the hook this time!

KingKamor

Jul 8, 2008
Gotta say, this one was much better than the previous episodes combined. It was a great allegory for many real families that have deep differences between their family members and how those differences can affect them. The ending laugh and purple lipstick killed the entire thing for me, though. Maniacal laughter stopped being funny a long time ago, guys. Just sayin'.

Either way, I'm starting to like this new direction. Just stop with the unfunniness and you guys might have a good show going for you.

Bourguit

Oct 19, 2008
See, now that's why you have to be nice to the DM. Hey DM's around the world...hugs!!!

:)

Mark D. Stroyer

Apr 12, 2011
So...much...character development...

...And that was bloody awesome! Seriously tight video. I liked the series pretty well before, silly but very well-done cross-integration, but this just took it to a completely different level.

Of course, the question that remains is whether the hostile takeover of the 'kingdom' is simply his invented escapism on the tabletop like it is, or if there will actually be some genius plan taking shape further down the road.

Sorcerer makeup is creepy, though.

WhedonofOz

Nov 3, 2010
After I watched this episode I felt compelled to watch lonely island's "I just had sex". It was that good. Amazing work guys!

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
For a second I thought he was about to click the university law degree advertisement. Glad he made the right choice.

....White Wolf systems are better though.

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Oh my god!!! That evil laugh gave me actual goosebumps! I mean it is a bit cold here right now but GOOSEBUMPS.
I really liked ths episode. It was something a bit different which was weird at first but I enjoyed it.
PHILLIP'S BACK!!! Interesting how the DM doesn't seem to like him either at this point, I wonder if we'll find out why that changed? I hope the sister somehow comes into the fantasy world at some point, that would be cool. Can't wait to see the next episode, keep it up guys!