Tales from the Table: Chapter 6: Tale of Hero Win

Lord_Goose_Man

Oct 17, 2010
Chapter 6: Tale of Hero Win

Falcore, in a time of inner turmoil turns to a magical potion to aid his abilities. Although the results are astounding, with every sudden success there is a dark side to go along with it.

Watch Video

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Seriously? No-one else? Huh. Must be a slow night.

Well, this was pretty good, though it's always kind of weird seeing how horrible they all are to eachother.

But I guess that's kind of the joke. So glad I'm not part of that group. XD

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
That is the single best choice of song I have heard in a very long time. My day has now been made.

Clarkarius

Dec 21, 2008
CrystalShadow said:
Seriously? No-one else? Huh. Must be a slow night.

Well, this was pretty good, though it's always kind of weird seeing how horrible they all are to eachother.

But I guess that's kind of the joke. So glad I'm not part of that group. XD
I've actually GM'd for a group like that at a uni club, the conclusion of the adventure to say the least was interesting...

Yankeedoodles

Sep 10, 2010
That was damn fine cinematography. Loved the use of closeups and split screens and that part where Falcor (I forgot the player's name) was sped up relative to the others to highlight the drug's effects. Really liking the increasing characterization and plot progression too. All-in-all, keep up the good work!

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
And that's why you don't cut your Redbull with cocaine. Great episode peeps. In particular the rick roll killing spree was ridiculous.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
GOtta say, the last two jokes with the staff findings pretty much made the episode for me.

I remmber something similar involving Live Wire (which could only be ogt at certain times so it worked out nicely). We ended up saying that it wore your body out, killing you fomr the inside.

KefkaCultist

Jun 8, 2010
Bahaha, funny as hell! Loved the bit at the end:
"How do you know its oak?"
"I rolled an 8"
"8 isn't the oak number"

Also, Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up made me laugh so hard.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Seriously hilarious from start to finish! This series keeps getting better and better! Keep up the great work Aardvarks Anonymous!

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
CannibalRobots said:
This is why everyone hates elves, god damn bunch of Mary Sues and Magic Junkies.
Drizzt is the worst of both of those groups.

OT: I have an elf like this in the group I DM. He can't hit worth a damn. (Missed 5 shots in a row versus undead, a favored enemy of his)
So I have a super powerful wraith take controll of his mind, and have him fill the Sorcerer and Fighter (who is played by his brother, and is his characters half brother) full of arrows. Almost killed the Sorcerer. That was fun!

But yes, the first one is ALWAYS free.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
This series is underrated. Great work. And that music bit made my night.

Reptiloid

Nov 10, 2010
Hmm, well, it's been kinda entertaining but I think this is where I get off. Lost interest, probably just isn't my cup of tea. Best of luck to the team though!

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Best episode so far, amazing job. The music was great (you rick rolled us all).
"The first one is always free" just made me laugh my ass off. And as usual, great jokes and humor, keep it up:D

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
Holy smokes! That was wicked! I loved that bit when Rufus got upset. Cryson looked frickin wicked when he buested out of the cloak, and his smoke-bomb was awesome!!! Three exclamation marks awesome!!! The guys' reactions to his crazy noises and rolling was really funny.
Poor little Falcore at the end. But, you know, he did steal Thordin's staff and nearly get everyone killed. So. Y'know. Valid.
I'm loving this series, guys. I was worried too when it didn't show up on time, but am really glad it's still here.
And hey, no more turban-hair for the elf!

nitat

Apr 10, 2010
a Cyclops top spy?

How does that work?

BTW: this could be a good PSA for steroids.

khsh

Apr 16, 2009
This show is brilliant, one of the best series on The Escapist, good work guys.