Tales from the Table: Chapter 6: Tale of Hero Win

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So we got Rick roll or is it elf roll? Anyway good episode as always and that mishap sort of remind of some RP I have witness in the past.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
Since this show got an actual plot it's been fantastic. I particularly like how the in-game plot links up with the real-world plot. Best episode so far, in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Lexxicator

May 3, 2011
Show became more serious for the last two episodes. More plot & less jokes. I like it. Well, not the "less jokes" part, but overall it's better this way.

LakuNoce

Oct 18, 2010
This is easily the show with the highest overall quality on The Escapist. It began well but I didn't expect such a degree of progression! Well done!

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Are you guys Aussie, if so i see your going to give doomsday arcade a run for it's money on best series :D.

I love it and the way that the group interacts is so so very true. Keep up the good work guys

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
TL;DW "Kids......don't do steroids"

But great episode. You guys put an outstanding amount of work into those LARP sections. Can't wait for more.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
That was wonderful! I love how the plot is much stronger. You made some great jokes, put some drama inbetween the players, and gave the elf frind guy more reason to help the princess beat the bad guy. I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep it up!

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
nitat said:
a Cyclops top spy?

How does that work?
Well they only said it was his top spy, not that he was actually any good at spying.
Maybe he doesn't even have any other spies at all?

Good work, especially on the rick montage.
Those silly elves and their magic addiction they should really try some group therapy...

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Joe Deadman said:
nitat said:
a Cyclops top spy?

How does that work?
Well they only said it was his top spy, not that he was actually any good at spying.
Maybe he doesn't even have any other spies at all?

Good work, especially on the rick montage.
Those silly elves and their magic addiction they should really try some group therapy...
yeah or it could be like his spy master or something else that doesnt need to physically do the spying

as for the drink im amazed that no one else called the potion pusher out on being the bad guy since it is a favorite formula for bad guys especially casters just look at snow white and the poison apple

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
misterprickly said:
I noticed that the wizard didn't have his glowing eyes AND the cyclops had NO effects makup.
Re: cyclops - wasn't that the idea? He was in the basement, not the fantasy world. I love the idea of the DM actually getting up on his chair to play the part!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Amazing episode, funny, but also at points so serious, it felt i was watching a drama or something like that. Loved that episode :D!
But I really do hate when someone gets unbelievably overpowered in a D&D game, it just takes all the fun out of the game... But at least the elf had the decency to apologize, not like some real-life people who I've played with.
also, the cyclops make-up was epic.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
It was only okay, until the very end where it tied up to a larger plot and that allowed me to relax and enjoy

Gulandro

Sep 4, 2009
Good to wach something like this after a long serious roleplaying session. Keep up the good work. There was a bigger rpg event in my country this saturday and due to the lack of air vent and the temperature we had to use energy drinks and a lot of coffe to withstand. In the end, after 10 hours of playing we simply fell to asleep. Good show, every episode bring more hope and something worth to follow.

thelastone

Nov 4, 2010
misterprickly said:
thelastone said:
misterprickly said:
I noticed that the wizard didn't have his glowing eyes AND the cyclops had NO effects makup.
Re: cyclops - wasn't that the idea? He was in the basement, not the fantasy world. I love the idea of the DM actually getting up on his chair to play the part!
It WAS funny to see him with a great big eye taped to his face. :D
I love how his person-eyes were closed. I bet they were making rude gestures at him down on the table.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
This is very well done! And absolutely the sort of thing The Escapist should be supporting, rather than the shitty Jimquisition...