Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Launches in February

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Launches in February

The HD remaster of a fan-favorite RPG has a collector's edition for both North America and Europe.

For many people who have kept up with the JRPG Tales of series, Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube was their first. Namco Bandai announced the HD remaster of Tales of Symphonia and sequel Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, packaged together as Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for the PS3, will launch on Feb. 25 in North America. It launches in Europe and Australasia on Feb. 28.

A collector's edition [http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/en_US/pd/productID.288616600/sac.true#.Umik7XCRDIY] is available in both regions with limited quantities. It includes the game, five small figures, a soundtrack, artwork from the animation studio, and a novel that takes place between the events of the first and second game. The collector's edition costs $100.

Tales of Symphonia follows the journey of protagonist Lloyd Irving, the typical JRPG hero in that he is an idealistic teenager set on protecting his friends. He joins his friend Colette on her journey of world regeneration, in which she has to put her life on the line to save their world. Things are not as they seem, and Lloyd has to find a way to save everyone without sacrificing who or what is important to him.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World takes place two years after the end of Symphonia and follows the new protagonists, Emil and Marta. Emil is chasing after Lloyd, who allegedly killed his parents in a massacre.

Tales of Symphonia has remained one of the fan-favorites in the series since its release 10 years ago. If you missed it when it came out, giving it a chance on the PS3 could be worth your time and money.

Source: Namco Bandai Twitter [https://twitter.com/namcogames/status/392734622850613248]

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
HURRAY!

It's actually available in Australia... the collector's edition is available in Australia :D

Ebgames is taking pre-orders already.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Mcoffey said:
Ahhh, this is so tempting. Tales of Symphonia is one of my all time favorite games. I played the shit out of it on the gamecube, new game plus after new game plus. I credit it for getting me out of my 13 year-old angst phase. But! Will it hold up now, when I'm 22, and don't have 60+ hours to burn any more? I don't know if I want to just jump straight into Dawn of the New World (Although I never got around to playing that one). I remember most of the big beats, but there are names and details that are lost to time.

Decisions, decisions!
Literally being in the same boat you are, played it to death as a kid and it being one of my favourite games of all time, and now 22... I only just finished a playthrough a few months ago (I still have my gamecube and ToS).

It holds up, even with the gamecubes blurry graphics, the story is still good, the characters are still good, the gameplay is still good.

I, for one, cannot wait for this.

Matt Gleason

Jan 7, 2013
Collectors edition shall be mine. I don't usually get them but TOS is my favorite game. I just can't say "no".

slysean

Jul 16, 2012
I love the Tales of Series, especially Symphonia, that being said I don't think they needed to add the sequel because of how... awful it was. As grateful as I am for the rerelease, I would be even more grateful if they said the sequel was not cannon and tried again, since the first gam really deserved better.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Sweet! I think more people should play Tales of Symphonia, it's a really good game... though the sequels is kinda... iffy.

Or maybe I'm just still miffed that they changed 99% of the original English language voice cast. Seriously, what the hell Namco?