Tara Reid Announces Big Lebowski 2, Coen Brothers Deny, Mock Her

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Tara Reid Announces Big Lebowski 2, Coen Brothers Deny, Mock Her

Although the blonde actress only had a small part in The Big Lebowski, she apparently has the scoop on a sequel unbeknownst to the Coens.

Tara Reid isn't exactly the most reliable source for movie news, and she proved that again last night. She appeared as a host for a fundraising event in Los Angeles at the Jon Lovitz Comedy Club and Hollywood.tv [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0qahgHrvm7k] asked her what she was working on in the next year. After listing some crap films like The Fields and The Irishman that she has coming out in 2010, she went out on a limb by claiming she was working on two very high profile sequels: American Pie 4 and The Big Lebowski 2. While I could totally see those Brat Pack wannabes being wheeled out for another pie-fucking cash-in, it's seems crazy that the Coen brothers, who won their first Oscar for Best Director in 2007's No Country for Old Men, would be crazy enough to make a second Big Lebowski movie.

I mean, how can you make a better movie than that? You don't fuck with the Jesus, mon. Apparently I'm not the only person who thinks that's a terrible idea as the Coen brothers responded with characteristic sarcasm and wit.

"I'm glad she's working on it," Ethan Coen said, chuckling.

So does that mean the Coens don't really have a Big Lebowski sequel in production? "Well, we don't but we'll watch it when it comes out," Ethan said.

"Especially if Tara's in it," Joel Coen added.

Afterwards, Tara Reid's handlers were sure to point out that Jeff Bridges, aka The Dude, was the first to mention a possible sequel. Bridges told MTV in July 2010 that he and the Coens would joke about it on the set of True Grit but that there were "no plans man, no plans. No, no, no, I don't think it's gonna happen." Then there was that mischievous smile before Bridges added, "But if it happens - what a wonderful surprise!"

That little line was what sparked Tara Reid thinking that a sequel was indeed in the works. Wonderful woman. We're all, we're all very fond of her. Very free-spirited.

Source: MTV [http://www.austin360.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/mo/entries/2011/02/03/will_there_be_a_big_lebowski_2.html]

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
I think the best part is that Tara assumed that if they did make a sequel, then Bunny would be integral to the plot. I'd rather have Donny's coffee can back than Bunny.

PipBoy2000

Oct 7, 2009
NO! I really hope she's b/sing. I agree with you completely, a sequel will be a disaster.

YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS, TARA?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
No, just no; I'm not even a huge fan of the first one, but it had its charms to it; I doubt that they'd be stupid enough to destroy that with a sequel

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
I'll make you a sequel for a thousand dollars. Joel and Ethan can't watch it tho, or else they have to pay $100.

"That's marvelous."

awesomeClaw

Aug 17, 2009
I don´t even get it. The first one wasn´t even that good. It had almost no funny jokes at all.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Doesn't mean the Coens will direct it. I know it'll almost never happen, but remember that abortion America Psycho 2? Directed my Morgan Freeman. Ouch.

Sabrestar

Apr 13, 2010
Greg, did you seriously use the phrase "Tara Reid thinking" in an article?

See, nothing good can ever come of that.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Are the American Pie cast considered Brat Packers? I thought that was just the 80s John Hughes movie casts.

I can't imagine there would be a sequel. Do the Cohen Bros ever do sequels?

TBL is one of my all time favorites so I can't say I would be opposed to the idea. Now I'm curious as to how well the Cohen bros could do a sequel and if there's any movie that they've done which could have one, it would be TBL.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Really? She was only in a few scenes in the first one. How strange that she thinks that even if there was a second that she'd even be in it at all.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
Doesn't mean the Coens will direct it. I know it'll almost never happen, but remember that abortion America Psycho 2? Directed my Morgan Freeman. Ouch.
Thats Morgan J. Freeman, lets clear that up now.

Anyway, I have to say I think its hilarious that she thinks her character was good enough to make it back if such a sequel did somehow come into existence. She has about 10 minutes of screen time. I'd much prefer the Nihilists.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
Are the American Pie cast considered Brat Packers? I thought that was just the 80s John Hughes movie casts.
notice his use of the word "wannabes"

Greg Tito said:
While I could totally see those Brat Pack wannabes being wheeled out for another pie-fucking cash-in, it's seems crazy that the Coen brothers, who won their first Oscar for Best Director in 2007's No Country for Old Men, would be crazy enough to make a second Big Lebowski movie.
hence, they aren't Brat Packers, but they seem to be trying to gain that level of stardom.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Ne1butme said:
I think the best part is that Tara assumed that if they did make a sequel, then Bunny would be integral to the plot. I'd rather have Donny's coffee can back than Bunny.
Hell, I'd rather have the severed toe back than Bunny.

The bums will always lose! Do you hear me Tara Reid? The bums will always lose!