TARDIS for Sale: One Careful Owner

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
TARDIS for Sale: One Careful Owner

A very special and unique piece of sci-fi memorabilia could be yours, as long as you have a few grand to spare.

The ninth Doctor's TARDIS, the one piloted by Christopher Eccleston, is going up for auction on Wednesday at Bonhams auction house in London. In the show, this TARDIS faced Daleks, witnessed the end of planet Earth and battled nanotech plagues in London during World War 2.

Sadly, this is only a prop and can't travel through time and space, but it's still a pretty cool thing to own, as long as you have the £8,000 - £12,000 the prop is expected to sell for. I must admit that seems a little low to me, but I'm a fan rather than an auctioneer.

The lot is described as "A complete Tardis prop, circa 2005, of painted rasped wood panel and glass construction, the base having painted parquet effect floor, panels fastening using bracket and bolt, having a pair of hinged doors, on with Yale® lock, with windows to doors and signage to front, top section of Tardis with removable "Police Box" signs, interior of Tardis roof with a number of miniature lights, and further interior lighting, the roof with removable lamp to top, height approximately 10ft"

If you want to bid on this piece, or just want a look at the auction house page for it, you can see it here. [http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&screen=lotdetailsNoFlash&iSaleItemNo=4548636&iSaleNo=17973&iSaleSectionNo=1]

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5568203/own-your-own-tardis-for-12000-to-18000]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
A TARDIS that was called by the Lonely Child? My word. Isuppose in reality it would be cool to keep it in my living room or somewhere safe as a panic room.

Calumon: Mooooooommmmyyyyyyy.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if I could buy it for £10.

[sup]...Damn unemployed high school life, I have absolutely no cash.[/sup]

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
That sounds good. I lost my last TARDIS. I finally manage to fix the Chameleon Circuit, it turned into a rock and I forgot where I left it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
MINE! I want it!

Anybody want to lend me £7500?

EDIT: I am a careful driver! Honest! It wasn't my fault that my old one blew up in the face of a human female who obviously couldn't fly it properly!

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
interior of Tardis roof with a number of miniature lights, and further interior lighting, the roof with removable lamp to top, height approximately 10ft"
So it's 10 feet tall, but what's the area? I'd like to know since it's most obviously larger on the inside.

If I had the money I'd be buying this. In fact, I wonder if I can take out a loan to cover it...

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
If I could afford that, I'd make the back a second door and replace my front door with it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
TimeLord said:
MINE! I want it!
You've got one1 What kind of Time Lord doesn't have a TARDIS?
It pays to have a spare. You never know when your main one might explode in the face of some human female who obviously can't fly it properly!

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
My god, I want that so damn much.. Just look at its awesomeness!

BRB, planning a raid on the auction house

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Cool! I'd want one, but A) I don't have the money for it, and B) I really don't know where I'd put it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
CrazyGirl17 said:
I really don't know where I'd put it.
I would put it in my bathroom if that was the only place for it! I wouldn't care as the awesomeness would seriously outweigh practicality

Jun 26, 2009
TimeLord said:
MINE! I want it!

Anybody want to lend me £7500?

EDIT: I am a careful driver! Honest! It wasn't my fault that my old one blew up in the face of a human female who obviously couldn't fly it properly!
We can put our money together!
Though how would we share it?
And where would i put it?
DAMM!
also this is a good moment for this song

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
TimeLord said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I really don't know where I'd put it.
I would put it in my bathroom if that was the only place for it! I wouldn't care as the awesomeness would seriously outweigh practicality
Stick a toilet in it!