Team Fortress 2 15 Minute Short is a "Lead-Up to Update"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That was enoying to watched but is it just me or did anyone else seen Pyro before the bread fight? I mean I didn't see the Pyro during the bucket scene.

EDIT- Heh, I just remember a couple for things. To bad Spy didn't mention Scout mother when he was talking about classy ladies and was that a reference to the comic about Scout being bad at picking up women (althought that isn't suprising to find that out).

GamerAddict7796

Jun 2, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
That was enoying to watched but is it just me or did anyone else seen Pyro before the bread fight? I mean I didn't see the Pyro during the bucket scene.
In the bucket scene the Pyro was stood next to Heavy. I was hoping for some kind of mumbled conversation about what was on it's bucket list.

This animation was amazing, Miss Pauling was awesome and Soldier continues to be hilarious. I'm so excited for what's coming tomorrow.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Wow, that was 15 minutes of complete gold, and it was really interesting to see the Mercs get some more characterization (and to see Miss Pauling outside the comics.)

If this patch actually adds some new weapons I might just pick up TF2 again.

I also give it 30 seconds before Spy's "SEDUCE MEH!" scene gets used out of context in a SFM movie or something.

EDIT: Come to think of it, wouldn't that Tumor Bread make a good unlock for Spy? You disguise as an enemy Heavy, throw down a "Sandvich", they try and pick it up and BOOM RABID BREAD TO THE FACE!

ANOTHER EDIT: Does Demoman sound off to anyone else? It's like he has a completely different Voice Actor.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Loved the short, wish Valve made a series monthly or every few weeks of these to kill some time.

Also I wish the new update would bring some new weapons/maps to the table, haven't really felt like playing TF2 for a long while now since it feels a bit mundane.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
I'd say one day Pauling should be in the actual game as a playable character as simple she is the most effective killer in the story it would seem, bar maybe Spy on a good day.
But in the end the real brains behind the grander story of TF2 is basically two smart women(Pauling and the Administrator) trying to save the world from dumb men with guns... its quiet poetic I guess :p

Maybe it does need a playable woman at some point or else it might go down Ubisoft's road of women being clearly too expensive to program :p but i'm pretty sure Valve is on bonus credits due to Portal and Shell.

Uhura

This ain't no hula!
Aug 30, 2012
Yess! I'm so excited! I really think they should make more of these videos. I'd also love to have Pauling as a playable character, although I'm guessing it's not gonna happen. Either way, I'm stoked for the update!

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
GamerLuck said:
I really, really, REALLY hope this is gonna be official Valve released playable female classes... Cause was it just me or did Miss Pauling wield weapons that looked a whole lot like what Scout usually does? And with her new found enjoyment of shooting at and blowing up things... Yeah I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that this is gonna be the first of many female equivalents to current classes. Taking bets now.
I reckon it will just be a new gametype similar to 'Protect the Civilian' from Team Fortress classic, with Miss Pauling being the civilian.

The person playing as the civilian in TF:C got a weapon to defend themselves with, so maybe that new pistol is what Miss Pauling will have?

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I shouldn't have looked at the YouTube comments, there's already somebody complaining about Miss Paulings presence, that's what I get for my curiosity, a face full of palm.

However if Valve ever just decides to open up an animation studio, I would be fully on board with it.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I really liked it but some lines were very meh, especially the ending. And it makes sense that Ashly Burch also voiced Tiny Tina since her script here seemed straight out of Borderlands 2 at times (she is a good voice actor, at least for this sort of role but I dont know if she was the right one for Miss Pauling as the Borderlands influence, AKA her brother, seemed to be a bit present)

Now I would like to see more with the other characters since Sniper and Pyro barely did anything.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Seydaman said:
So, we might get to play Miss Pauling in the future?
Unless they can think of a new class that fits within the game I think that is probably unlikely. I cannot really see what niche she could fill. If they did include her I think that it would either be a game-mode, map or some kind of non-playable role.

I could be wrong, but the classes were designed to be perfectly balanced from the start, so introducing a new one years later could play havoc with that.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Doom972 said:
Shinkicker444 said:
GamerLuck said:
I really, really, REALLY hope this is gonna be official Valve released playable female classes... Cause was it just me or did Miss Pauling wield weapons that looked a whole lot like what Scout usually does? And with her new found enjoyment of shooting at and blowing up things... Yeah I am gonna go out on a limb and guess that this is gonna be the first of many female equivalents to current classes. Taking bets now.
I was getting a similar vibe to, that and Miss Pauling is hilariously awesome. It's been something a lot of people have been asking for for a while now.
This is a perfect timing for that. Right after Ubisoft saying how difficult it is. I hope that it's the case, though I suspect it probably isn't.
ubisoft got told

tough honestly, unless is extremely balanced and fits perfectly into the current game, i wouldnt like to see miss pauling or any other character for that matter, being added as a new class

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
Legion said:
Seydaman said:
Unless they can think of a new class that fits within the game I think that is probably unlikely. I cannot really see what niche she could fill. If they did include her I think that it would either be a game-mode, map or some kind of non-playable role.

I could be wrong, but the classes were designed to be perfectly balanced from the start, so introducing a new one years later could play havoc with that.
It could be a reskin of the scout class then

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Seydaman said:
Legion said:
Seydaman said:

It could be a reskin of the scout class then
It could, although I reckon that if they were going to do that they'd probably have done it for all of the classes. Unless perhaps this is going to be like that old update where they went through one class at a time, giving them new stuff.

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
Shinkicker444 said:
Yeah, with a name like Love and War it sounds like its an absurdly late Valentines Day thing, which would also help the idea of playable females along. Sadly though I agree that it probably won't be the case of playable female characters.

Just have to stick with the (out of date) mods.
Absurdly late? Nonsense! It's right on (Valve) time!

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
First off, my thoughts and prayers go out to Rick May and his battle over throat cancer. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Second, this was a very funny short. Despite the animation for Team Fortress 2 being outdated, the humor is dead-on with this crew of mercenary knuckleheads. I truly wish Value would make a TF2.

Third, I really hope we see Miss Pauling become a playable character in the TF2 game. She was a fun character in the short and it would be cool to finally see an official female character in the roster (assuming you're one of the few that believe the Pyro is a female but that's debatable). She already has a hat to go with her. ;P

Finally, what of sandvich?! Sandvich has bread in it! WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SANDVICH IF YOU TELEPORT IT?!?

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Aeshi said:
ANOTHER EDIT: Does Demoman sound off to anyone else? It's like he has a completely different Voice Actor.
It's Nolan North.... again. Heavy and Demoman's voice actor probably wasn't available. Note how Heavy doesn't have any new lines.