Team Fortress 2 and snipers

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Aby_Z said:
But of course. Whenever I'm playin' Snipah, I make a point to aim for the head every time. Still, a kill is a kill.
It is, but it just doesn't....feel right. I don't get that little mental cheer out of it that I'm so addicted to. And in Sniper duels I feel downright ashamed when I kill a Sniper with a bodyshot. It makes me feel all dirty....
Oh definitly. I'll always make sure to note in the chat that I was aiming for a headshot if ever I body shot. There's nothing more satisfying than a clean bullet between the eyes.

My main class is Spy, though. As is fairly common with Spies, I'll occasional facestab people. In the same respect, I'll go to the chat and say something like "Sorry about that facestab" whenever it occurs.

IRaithI

Mar 10, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
It takes quite a bit of practice with the regular rifle to be a really good asset to your team. This rifle makes sure that even relatively low-skilled Snipers are quite useful. That's a pretty good thing.
But why should it do that? If you suck as this class move onto the next see how you do etc. I suck as the soldier, spy, pyro, demo so I dont play them. Sure I sometimes switch to the demo cause my team might be full of idiots who didnt notice the sentry on the bridge who killed them about 100 times and they are too lazy to do anything.

Again not saying I'm right because I'm probably not. Thats my way of thinking I guess: "If you suck at something dont do it and move onto something else."

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Dude, the Sidney Sleeper only causes a Jarate effect with the loss of head shot ability. I'm keeping the base rifle tbh.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
yoyostringrs said:
Daffy F said:
yoyostringrs said:
A fully charged piss rifle shot won't kill a heavy, hell it won't even kill an engie
Read the OP
IRaithI said:
So basicaly you can kill a heavy with just one charged body shot.
I am saying the OP is wrong
Oh, apologies, you probably think I'm a twat now... :L
I play Team Fortress on Xbox, so I don't get any of this shit anyways...

LatinGeek

Oct 17, 2010
That model of thinking there is the reason we don't have enough engineers or doctors or architects.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
yoyostringrs said:
A fully charged piss rifle shot won't kill a heavy, hell it won't even kill an engie
Actually, and engie would die since you can get up to 150 damage.

IRaithI said:
Whoever thought all of this would be a good idea should be burned alive because now scrub snipers are made into descent ones because they dont have to aim for the head to get a kill nore do they have to worry about getting killed by a headshot. Great...
It's called balance. It allows people who can't play snipers well to get kills and help their team without needing much skill.

JourneyThroughHell said:
So, wait, there is gear now that prevents a sniper from being ever killed with headshots? Like ever?

So, they're basically rendering sniper duels superfluous?

Now that sounds like the most horrible thing ever.
Don't worry, it's only if you have the entire kit from the Mann-conomy update (that's hat, rifle, knife and back-shield)

IRaithI

Mar 10, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
So, wait, there is gear now that prevents a sniper from being ever killed with headshots? Like ever?

Well you do a crit shot but you dont kill him. You just take him down to..idk 10 or so health. Still annoying though.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:
"Wah, bodyshots are for noobs! Snipers should only headshot!"

A kill is a kill. Find ways to avoid them, adapt and fight back, or stop playin'.
Your opinion my good man. Valve are just impowering the weak imo.
Your opinion, my good man. Valve are just leveling the field imo.

There's leveling the field and then there's giving "noobs" more power to annoy.

You could be right though. Again just an opinion.
Where have you been in terms of video game strategies? Annoyance techniques are valid tactics found in tons of genres.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Megacherv said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

Don't worry, it's only if you have the entire kit from the Mann-conomy update (that's hat, rifle, knife and back-shield)
Oh. Well, that's much better, even though it basically means that in addition to this ridiculous bonus, the guy gets other stuff?

IRaithI said:
Well you do a crit shot but you dont kill him. You just take him down to..idk 10 or so health. Still annoying though.
Don't like this too much.

KILLERTHING

Nov 13, 2009
As the second person said adapt to it.

Companies always do this sort of thing and 9 times out of 10 they dont change it back.

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:

A kill is a kill. Find ways to avoid them, adapt and fight back, or stop playin'.

If they are noobs then they should be easy to counter.

Nevyrmoore

Aug 13, 2009
IRaithI said:
Cowabungaa said:
It takes quite a bit of practice with the regular rifle to be a really good asset to your team. This rifle makes sure that even relatively low-skilled Snipers are quite useful. That's a pretty good thing.
But why should it do that? If you suck as this class move onto the next see how you do etc. I suck as the soldier, spy, pyro, demo so I dont play them. Sure I sometimes switch to the demo cause my team might be full of idiots who didnt notice the sentry on the bridge who killed them about 100 times and they are too lazy to do anything.

Again not saying I'm right because I'm probably not. Thats my way of thinking I guess: "If you suck at something dont do it and move onto something else."
In other words, people shouldn't play as the class they find interesting simply because they're not that great at it.

IRaithI

Mar 10, 2010
LightOfDarkness said:
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:
IRaithI said:
Aby_Z said:

If they are noobs then they should be easy to counter.
True but when they are immune to headshots its a little bit tricky cause if you miss...body shot and dead.

EEEh I enjoy the game dont get me wrong, just when stuff like this happens I get upset and kill a stray dog or whatever.

IRaithI

Mar 10, 2010
Nevyrmoore said:
IRaithI said:
Cowabungaa said:

In other words, people shouldn't play as the class they find interesting simply because they're not that great at it.
You know what I LOVE the spy, but I dont play it because when I start to suck I'll bring down the team with me. So I step back choose something else and let someone else better play as the spy/or any other class. All for the good of the team you see...

Barry Tannam

Jul 24, 2010
considering it takes an amazing amout of skill to play a sniper while starting off this seems like a more noobie thing. im sure plenty of purist snipahs ( like Myself ) will keep the base sniper rifle so, at best it'll mean there will be alot more people playing the sniper which doesn't sound all that bad

LightOfDarkness

Mar 18, 2010
IRaithI said:
Cowabungaa said:

Bridge.

Bridge implies you were playing on 2fort.

No wonder you're playing with idiots.