Team Fortress 2 Gets Halloween Update, First Boss Enemy

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Irridium said:
Its great. I have one particular great story on the Escapist UK server.

In this map drops random gifts. They drop very infrequently, and drop in random areas. And since the map is a CP map, there are times when it drops in your area, the enemies, and in-between. And couple in the Horsemann with lots of speed, many people chose the Scout as their class.

Well I was a humble Engineer, and I moved up my sentry to near the next cap point after we heroically took the first one. As I plopped down my beefy level 3 sentry on the ground, the gift appeared right in front of me. The enemy also saw it as well, but my mighty sentry was able to keep the squishy Scouts at bay, allowing my manly Engineer self to walk on up and grab it without a hitch.

It was fun time.
I think i may have been there.... and died to your hands.... well played sir.

OT: I'm enjoying this, its heaps fun, got the "Gored" achievement the second time he appeared for me as a Pyro. Died so many times trying to get close to melee him, but it was worth it.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I actually managed to get on the Escapist server and play it for a bit...then I got kicked off for a VIP. T_T

I doubt I'll ever get any of the gifts, but I've been rocking those maps as a Natascha Heavy.

Soooo many scouts...

Yeah, having double the second-highest score is pretty nice.

Feb 13, 2008
Hang tight guys, Wordy and myself are putting something forward for Halloween itself. More news on the group.
Aethren said:
I actually managed to get on the Escapist server and play it for a bit...then I got kicked off for a VIP. T_T
Sorry, Pub Clubs do get priority. Like Kross says though, it only costs a small amount...

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Haven't played TF2 since the Engi update (Starcraft 2 + minecraft and I hate having to reboot for TF2 (different partition)). I keep hearing awesome new things about it. Wonder if I should pick it up again.

Although my busy schedule prolly won't allow it :(

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
This would be great fun to play if the TF2 update system wasn't fucked. I don't quite get how you can have a boss in a multiplayer shooter though.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Adding a boss in a purely multiplayer game is brilliant! I hope they add more to the mix with different tactics. Maybe they'll put a giant Santa Claus in it! No wait...

The torn picture doesn't show who the middle person is, maybe that's the Horseless Headless Horsemann who wanted the manor for himself.

Setsuri21

Nov 30, 2009
silver wolf009 said:
I thought that the virtualy indestructable australian man was tht 1st boss. All well.

OT: I dont know all that much about TF2, so this could already exist, but I hope this leads to a juggernaught-esc mode.
If we made him a boss, every time he spawned in the game would automatically end.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I just got TF2, so yay for me!
Anyways, those patches that Valve make just keep on trying to distract us and them that they need to get on with making half-life 2, episode 3.

nonl33t m4st3r

Oct 31, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]Has anyone tried creating their own server and just waiting for all the presents and the chance to solo the boss?
Yeah, he only spawns with ten or more people apparently. I assume it's the same with the gifts, too.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Folio said:
Adding a boss in a purely multiplayer game is brilliant! I hope they add more to the mix with different tactics. Maybe they'll put a giant Santa Claus in it! No wait...

The torn picture doesn't show who the middle person is, maybe that's the Horseless Headless Horsemann who wanted the manor for himself.
Probably. Come to think of it, that's probably who's mentioned in the missing part of the will [http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/the_last_will_and_testament_of_Zepheniah_Mann/], too.

According to the wiki, Silas Mann (aka the Horsemann) is the one standing to the right of the tear, so I guess not. The missing character is still probably the one in the will though.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
Steve the Pocket said:
Folio said:

Probably. Come to think of it, that's probably who's mentioned in the missing part of the will [http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/the_last_will_and_testament_of_Zepheniah_Mann/], too.

According to the wiki, Silas Mann (aka the Horsemann) is the one standing to the right of the tear, so I guess not. The missing character is still probably the one in the will though.
I saw that will as a hint for the Engie update to get the Golden Wrench. 'never shoot over my grave'(Harvest) and 'I covered it with gravel in a huge pit' (Gravel Pit) So I went there as an Engineer, looking for more clues. But alas.