Team Fortress 2: The (Fake?) Engineer Update

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Flying-Emu said:
Eoin Livingston said:
It could potentially add an offensive element to the engie, he could like the boomer with that blimp

Engineer is bitchin' on offense; don't you ever forget that.

I even made a Steam Group for Offensive Engies, man. Dispensers of Death!

Seriously, anyone who thinks that Engi has no offensive power needs to learn the creed of Nuts, Bolts, and Buckshot.
That video was hardly offensive. It basically just told you how to build your sentry in the places where the most action happens, and just sit and camp that sentry. When I think offensive, I think placing a quick Level 1 and then running off to kill enemies by yourself, not sitting beside your sentry that is behind a corner of a room they run out of a lot...
If someone that plays offensive engie just builds a sentry and then runs off to kill people in another area, they shouldn't be playing offensive engie. They should be playing Scout instead.

Offensive engies still use their sentry guns. It would be stupid not to.

Ariosona

Jul 16, 2009
uppitycracker said:
Hellraiser seems a bit OP to me, taking away the spies cloak is like taking away the engineers PDA, even if it's just a temporary thing. Either way, it's clearly a fake. I wouldn't expect to see this in the game, either. The blimp sounds way rad, though.
Its about as OP as the flamethrower in that respect, assuming the nails act like the medic's syringe gun, i think that would be a perfect side-grade to the shotgun.
Also, i have to say i adore the EMP page, that is such a brilliant idea, if that replaced the teleporters i could see it being a decent side-grade aswell.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
It says it is a fake at the bottom of the page, in the copyright area.

But that is an interesting idea for a Engineer update.

Osloq

Mar 9, 2008
Hmm so Valve may be double faking with this post. But what if the original creators thought people would think that so they triple faked us? Or what if Valve thought that people would reach that conclusion so they quadruple faked us?!? They should work for M16 against the Kremlin. That's where there talents are needed.