Team Fortress 2: The (Fake?) Engineer Update

This-is-Hip-Hop

Feb 21, 2009
The Writing style dosn't quite fit with any other patch pages that Valve has realeased, it seems too straightforward, for instance, in the spy update, Valve had roughly seven other items on a 'Purchase Form' that were not updates, this has no such distractions, oddly straightforward, so im going to say its a fake. But if I had to choose which one I wish was real, I'd go for the Guard Dog, without a heart beat to think about it.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
Your Post alone Confused the 'Ell outta me, Lord help those who actually play the game.

In all seriousness, sounds cool. I'm sure the people who play the game will be more than happy with it, considering it's real.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Why do I feel that this is all a big distraction and we're about to be backstabbed by some ass spy?

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
You know that a video game company is great when they do so many unexpected things that an update to their game that clearly states that it's a fake gets you to start thinking about perhaps a double cross, that they're playing mind games with you.

*Sparkly Eyed* I love you Valve!

/fanboy (sorry)

Talendra

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Jan 26, 2009
This actually sounds like it would be pretty good if it was real. Quite useful, but also balanced by the ka-BOOOM!

zaro27

Apr 15, 2009
Hmm...I wonder if this could be real in any way shape or form. Maybe Valve is trying to tell us something...maybe...

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
eh that radioactive nail gun is OP...

Also I'm pretty sure that the blimp will get caught on corners, n such. Also the possiblities of kamikaze engis is veeeery high.

Meh good fan work.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
It's obviously fake. Take the time to actually look at it. At the bottom it says "this is a fake by [email protected]". Also, KOTH achievement_idle. That destroys any possible chance of this being real.

That being said, it does look cool. If only because the design for the Rad gun is neat.
And their spelling mistakes don't help much either of course.

Charlie_Brown

Jan 16, 2009
Fantastic piece of work. I'd love that update! Hope Valve considers this kind of stuff.

Malygris said:
A closer look at the site eventually led to the admission that it is in fact a fake, along with an email address that presumably leads to the creator.
Am I the only one who googled the email address?
The creator was Samuel Pires, a Brazillian artist.
http://www.samuelpires.com.br/
Here's a nice example of his work for TF2:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jXflEtsiP5k/RzHEmvQLZYI/AAAAAAAAAFM/IrWXt983Xws/s1600-h/dieFBTF.jpg

Want to add him as a friend in TF2? Try
http://www.gotfrag.com/tf2/user/757351/?upage=O

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
It's obviously fake. Take the time to actually look at it. At the bottom it says "this is a fake by [email protected]". Also, KOTH achievement_idle. That destroys any possible chance of this being real.

That being said, it does look cool. If only because the design for the Rad gun is neat.
Dude, they could just be making fun of both the idlers AND making a joke about the dog update in one go: see the part about Saxton Hale's teeth? Whether or not this is an elaborate ruse by Valve or a fan is yet to be determined... I look forward to Valve's response either way.

EDIT: Nevermind, the post above mine confirms it as a ruse by a fan.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Shadow Law said:
What do I care I play the crappy xbox version which valve doesn't give a damn about.
not valves fault.

MS and Valve differ on the idea of DLC.