Team Fortress 2 vs. Modern Warfare 2

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
While I don't like TF2 myself, it's far better then MW2. While I think MW2 is a better shooter in terms of being a shooter instead of the variety hour that is TF2 (which, for the record, I'm not trying to imply TF2 is trying to be a shooter per say), the cheapness and map prices, along with the amount of stupid people on it (which I'd say is 10% kids, as I usually had one per 12 person match each game when I owned it) makes it lose quickly.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Sacman said:
TF2 is way better he's probably a console gamer isn't he? everyone knows TF2 is worse on consoles...
Believe it or not, he is both a PC and console gamer. He has MW2 on XBox360 and TF2 on PC. That's ideally what you'd want to play either one on (that is console for MW2, not specifically the 360 over the PS3.) He actually enjoyed it for a while but stopped playing quickly after buying it.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
IMO, TF2 is a much better game for a lot of reasons. It's more balanced, more variety etc. Basically what you said,

Though I'll be honest with you, I've spent more hours playing MW2 than TF2 (both on pc btw)
I think that's just because I'm the kind of guy that likes to casually grind, and only one other guy I know has TF2 on PC and he rarely plays it, whereas almost all of my steam friends have MW2.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
I thought X vs Y was not allowed on this forum, anyway.

since they are FPS games they control better on the pc (Flameshield: up) so ill take the pc version in mind.

Since I dislike grey/brown games, with regenerating health and unbalanced gameplay, it has no dedicated servers and charges tons of money for its mappacks I am not a fair judge.

So ill go with Team Fortress 2; the War themed Hat simulator.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Sacman said:
TF2 is way better he's probably a console gamer isn't he? everyone knows TF2 is worse on consoles...
Can I just ask (not trying to flame, just curious) why everyone says that?

I mean I only have it on PC, never tried it on consoles, I'm just wondering why it has such a bad reputation on consoles.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
The cartoon graphics thing (BTW, you might want to tell him that's "cel-shaded"), sounds like something he just mentioned because he wanted to piss and moan about the game.
Modern Warfare 2... variety...
What, between rapid-fire, burst-fire or single-fire with stopping power or without?

And on the final point, those classes serve their purpose to the team.
The engineer guards areas, the sniper takes out VIPs (medics and engineers) and the spy stops engineers, snipers and medics from getting too cocky, because he rips their spines out.
All of the classes are designed to counter one another in certain ways.

I've got the slight feeling your friend is a lone-wolf CoD player who can't get that a game called Team Fortress 2 might have a heavy emphasis on working together, that might be his problem.
CoD might be making a whole generation of individuals who never understand teamwork...

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
Dude, TF2 has hats.

That instantly makes it better than MW2.
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:
Can I just ask (not trying to flame, just curios) why everyone says that?

I mean I only have it on PC, never tried it on consoles, I'm just wondering why it has such a bad reputation on consoles.
See my above comment about hats.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
*COUGH* *COUGH* (chokes on drink) *COUGH*
Urgh... WHAT? Saying MW2 is better than TF2 is like saying chewing on shards of glass is better than a chocolate slurpee. What's wrong with that guy? It reminds me of this one kid's bio I saw which read "mw2 is the greatast game in the history of mankind!", and he probably really believed it too...

Sacman said:
FYI, TF2 >>> MW2 on consoles too.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

I'm curious myself. I've actually always like modern console gaming equally to PC gaming. It's usually much less lag, and if I put the disk into my console, I know that it will work without a hardware upgrade, special controllers aside (although that's obviously not completely true, but usually a game on a console will always work on that console).

Mr. Elemenopee

Jul 28, 2010
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

Well the thing with the console version is that there are not only a bunch of glitches, but they also have none of the updates. And basically they've done nothing with the game. It's pretty much as it was when it first came out. I'm not even sure if they patched it for the 360 or just left it as is.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

TF2 on consoles never get's updated or patched so it might as well be the same game that was shipped, and the community is non-existent on consoles you'll have a more successful time finding an online match for the PS2 port of Deus Ex.

AlphaOmega

Oct 10, 2008
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

The PC has all those updates right? well the console versions do not; they have the game as it was on release.
5maps, no balance fixes, no unlocks, and....NO HATS

Since Microsoft does not allow Valve to release updates for free, and the XBOX360 also lacks the RAM needed for the game in its current state is not helping.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
kwagamon said:
'm curious myself. I've actually always like modern console gaming equally to PC gaming. It's usually much less lag, and if I put the disk into my console, I know that it will work without a hardware upgrade, special controllers aside (although that's obviously not completely true, but usually a game on a console will always work on that console).
I do believe that on the Xbox, TF2 only allows 6 players on each team. Seeing as your friend is a CoD player, that might be the sub-par experience he's talking about.
Plenty of sitting around waiting for hosts to start the game in the Xbox version, too.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I've only played MW2, but from what I've heard from various sources, TF2 sounds like it has a better community and more fair balance.
While I enjoy MW2 in small doses, the community is horrible, and it's often all too easy to criticize the balance issues.

OmegaCheese

Nov 19, 2009
kwagamon said:
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

I'm curious myself. I've actually always like modern console gaming equally to PC gaming. It's usually much less lag, and if I put the disk into my console, I know that it will work without a hardware upgrade, special controllers aside (although that's obviously not completely true, but usually a game on a console will always work on that console).
Basically, Valve want to give out their updates for free (Like they do with PC), but Microsoft and Sony will not do that so the console versions don't have the same amount of content.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Sacman said:
TF2 on consoles never get's updated or patched so it might as well be the same game that was shipped
We didn't get the new guns or maps, true, but we have had I think four patches since the game's release, so that's not nothing.

and the community is non-existent on consoles you'll have a more successful time finding an online match for the PS2 port of Deus Ex.
This is also not true. There's still many people playing it and you can always find a game.

I'm talking about the Xbox 360 version by the way, I don't know about the PS3 version.

Lem0nade Inlay

Apr 3, 2010
Sacman said:
Lem0nade Inlay said:
Sacman said:

TF2 on consoles never get's updated or patched so it might as well be the same game that was shipped, and the community is non-existent on consoles you'll have a more successful time finding an online match for the PS2 port of Deus Ex.

That's just pathetic. The updates are what the made the game great! Poor console players are missing out.

Antiparticle

Dec 8, 2008
Booze Zombie said:
I do believe that on the Xbox, TF2 only allows 6 players on each team. Seeing as your friend is a CoD player, that might be the sub-par experience he's talking about.
The Xbox 360 version of TF2 allows 8 players per team.