Ted 2 - Don't You Get it? The Teddy Bear is Alive and Swearing!

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
Steve the Pocket said:
I like you.

I'll miss you when they kick you out.
So far, I've never been dinged by moderators, knock on wood...but honestly, that joke did kind of get away from me there at the end. I intended it to be, like, an initiation to being a reviewer on the internet (never mind that Marter has probably already had exactly that same sentiment thrown at him, but with much less irony), but somewhere along the way it stopped being about that and became a mockery of an almost completely unrelated ideology.

I left it all in place because I frankly don't feel bad about the mockery, but if this is the moment moderation decides I've gone too far, I will feel they have a leg to stand on there.

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
Hey guys, is this the thread where we pretend not to like stuff because it got too popular? I'm wearing my ironic trucker hat and carrying around a carton of Pabst Blue Ribbon, so I'll fit right in!

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I enjoyed the first movie and by all accounts I'll probably like this one. I don't always need humor to be exceptionally high shooting to be funny. And considering Morgan Freeman loved the movie (yeah I know he's in it) I'm going to go with his viewpoint. He seems like a classy guy and if he can enjoy something that goes for low hanging fruit, it probably isn't that bad.
I've always felt there's an element to MacFarlane's humor that is low but still somehow sophisticated and has a message. I don't always get the message but then I can also think to myself that said message is probably not for me, else I'd have gotten it.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Objectable said:
This whole movie looks like a shitty version of a great, great Star Trek episode.
<youtube=vjuQRCG_sUw>
This was exactly what i though when i saw ted2,

OT seth is running out of jokes... i first suspected this when i watched that crappy western he made, but this used a lot of jokes that he used in family guy and american dad. Still loved it, also its not just about a swearing teddy bear, he also does drugs, you know... to appeal to the pineapple express crowd.