Teen Arrested for Home-Made "Hot or Not" List on Facebook

ViaGalactica

Mar 18, 2011
Aprilgold said:
Yeah let me stop ya there Via Galactica, woman can be equally sexist, racist and their issues can be dismissed with 'its a girl thing' SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!! Hell, most chicks at my school made me get literally border line of dying at my own hands. As far as everything goes, this kid deserves a stern talking too, your not sexist from what I could tell, but saying that 'Boys will be Boys' line pisses ME RIGHT THE FUCK OFF! WHO THE Hel...[rants later, edited for your convince] MONKEY FUCKING SOCIETY! Look, your a good or alright or better person, but this kid doesn't deserver ANY of this, because constantly bullies knowingly force kids to be gay, even if straight. Force kids to take own life, but literally small name calling is worse then murder in a sense?
...And I am saying they can't? Where did I say that we are angels who never do anything wrong? Oh, that's right, every time someone calls a man a sexist idiot every other man takes it as a fucking offense that means ALL men are idiots! Chill the fuck out, dude.

I'm not going to justify bullying, because it has no justification. And no, publicly humilliating and shaming these women is not worse than attempted murder, but because it is not equally as bad it does not mean it's suddenly good.

Look, I'm sorry some bitches fucked up your life, but that doesn't give you the right to dismiss other's suffering as just "small name calling." Because it is clearly more than just that. It's way, way, way, way more than just petty name calling. Just sayin', dude.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Yay! Go free speech. I mean sure it's a bit of a douche move printing them all out and handing them to people, but it is supposed to be a democratic state of free speech.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
n1ght5talker said:
Do your part and make your influence good, make this new found power something that exemplifies greatness in the masses rather then embarrass them.
Or look up pictures of kittens. Whatever works for you.

Seriously though, you're right. People should show more responsibility when using the internet.

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
You've got organizations out there like WBC who receive a slap on the wrist for disorderly and emotionally damaging conduct at funerals, and then you've got a high school kid being arrested for a disorderly list. Am I the only one who sees a double standard in douchebaggery here?

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
So a kid is arrested because the fattie of the class felt offended.

Holy shit where were the cops back when I was in school.

Sep 14, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
From what I have learned from posts and replies, what he was done is completely ok.

WHAT? HOW IS IT OK TO OFFEND, INSULT AND POSSIBLY SCAR PEOPLE???

Responses:

If it's a large school, then it will barely concern well over half the student body.
So because only X% of people will care, its ok?

What? Free speech still applies. If the KKK can go around spewing their bullshit, why can't this kid?
So because it's legal to offend and insult, it's ok to do so?

it happens EVERY DAY
This is NOT an excuse, and yet it is one of the most vocal responses I have seen. Every day, many people are murdered. Can I kill your family? No. Because it is wrong and immoral.

if this one little thing affects them that much, then they are in for a world of hurt when they reach the real world.
This implies that they were like this before the events of this guy. Maybe they will be affected by litle things more because of this, and not vice versa? Cause and effect. What does not kill you does not always make you stronger. It can wear away at you.

Maybe I'm just being naive, but we can't write off definite issues because worse things happen elsewhere, or it's not worth the time. From that perspective, nothing is worth anything, so why do we have police at all? And stop quoting freedom of speech. This is harassment, not some journalist trying to spread the truth about a corrupt politician.
hmm. way to take everyones bit and pieces of quotes and tear them out and completely misconstrue what they were meant to be

1) no that doesn't make it okay, but so many people are worried about "the backlash" of it all that the girls will be made fun of or be embarrassed about it, in which they wont, if anything at all it will be the guy who is shunned for doing such a twat thing.

2) that's where morality kicks in, he is within his rights to do such things, so the school should have handled this, not the police, if anything in a normal area it would have been a suspension and a a good 5-10 meetings or so with the counselor for the next month or two.

3) everyone here said it was wrong and immoral, the little kid is a douche, but yes the punishment was blown WAY out of proportion, hell at my high school some kid made a "kill list" with a bunch of people/teachers that he would like to kill, and some kid found it and turned it in and the kid got a 2 week suspension with counselor meetings for a month.

4)if they are THAT bothered by what ONE little douchebag says, than they might as well shut themselves off from the world because more bile comes out of peoples mouths everyday than was on that one stinkin list.

no one said the kid isn't a douche, we are saying the kid should have been handled by the SCHOOL, his punishment from them would have been more than satisfactory.

and here comes a wonderful harsh truth:

if this had been a girl, like many have pointed out before, it would have been laughed off and the most that would have happened is a detention or two, hell someone had posted a story about it a page or two back but i'm not going to find it, fucking double standards are getting ridiculous and need to die, they aren't spineless little pure girls, if they've made it this far they should be able to shrug off the douche words of some random douche who doesn't matter.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Person sounds like an almighty douchebag, but ugly people should just deal with the fact that they are ugly. Like I do. And that they won't ever have sex with pretty people. Anyways.
Involving the police was a good idea, but they should have brutalized him. That's what the police is for, not "Please, come with us. we just want to have a chat and then you can go".

Lawnchair

Oct 26, 2010
This is down right retarded. Arrested for a little list? Nobody said a word when Oskar Schindler wrote his. But then again, they are completely different. Still think it's dumb.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Wow, what a dick.
Let's ignore the whole obvious free speech issue here -
Why the fuck do we care? Seriously. Why should we, as a society, give one shit about this punk kid's facebook page? We obviously do - we threw our police and court system at him. For a facebook posting. Think about that.

That's kinda pathetic guys. Maybe we should get our act together and start caring about real crime?

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
AnteGravity said:
This pretty much demonstrates why Feminism is still strongly needed in Western society. Treating young girls like grades of meat and rating them on their sexual characteristics like it was the only thing they would ever be worth is so grotesquely abhorrent.

It definitely warrants legal action. This idiot caused a great deal of grievous mental and emotional anguish on so many of these girls publicly. That kind of behavior can not be condoned by any authority that hopes to remain credible.
It doesn't say anywhere that they were caused a great deal of "mental anguish" knowing the way girls act in today's high schools they were either extremely flattered by the list or got pissed off because they weren't ranked high enough. Seriously, while I agree that the kid was a douche (and probably doing it to get laid), don't make the mistake of thinking that no one supported this little escapade.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
That's the most idiot reason I've ever seen for someone going to jail. What a fucking waste of time and money.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
O maestre said:
i see no crime here... what the hell happened to freedom of speach the internet has so much more bile than this hormonal teenagers insignificant list. ridiculous...
The student printed th list out and handed it out to everyone in the school, before then parading around shouting sexist remarks. He committed slander. A crime.

Read the article, not just the header.

zeldagirl

Mar 15, 2011
Dr Snakeman said:
ViaGalactica said:
Epic, butthurt snip
I'm sorry, but the word "slut" is not "oppressive". It's an unkind, gender-specific derogatory term for a promiscuous woman. It's wrong to talk that way about someone, but it is not the kind of hate speech that you seem to be suggesting.

"Slut" is not "oppressive"? Really now? It's used to shame women from being proud of their sexuality. You as a man do not have any right to tell women what they can or cannot determine is oppressive - you are not the one being oppressed!

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Wait... so he didn't get anything for slander?

Lol, at least he knew what he was talking about. I mean, I guess the designated drunk girl really was the designated drunk... how pathetic.

Shynobee

Apr 16, 2009
I don't understand how he was arrested, let alone, still being held, what law did he break?