Teenage Idiots Crash Car, Post Video, Get Busted

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Teenage Idiots Crash Car, Post Video, Get Busted

A teenage idiot who was cited for "imprudent speed" after wrecking an Audi S4 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_S4] found himself slapped with a four-figure fine and a license suspension after police found in-car video of the crash he posted on YouTube.

The three giggling morons were out for a joyride when the 17-year-old driver decided to see if the Audi S4 Twin Turbo, which Wikipedia says has a top speed of 155 mph, would really go 155 mph. The good news: It will. The bad news: Teenage dumbasses have absolutely no concept of just how hard it is to drive a car going 155 mph.

Predictably, the geniuses lost control and crashed the vehicle, although amazingly nobody was hurt despite the high speed involved. The driver was given a citation for "imprudent speed" and that would have been the end of it but for the fact that they apparently decided to celebrate their good fortune by posting an in-car video of their escapade on YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th4pKLjAGGI].

There's not much to see: The focus is on the climbing speedometer, with a few shots out the windshield and of course the precious "HOLD ON!" a second before the video goes blank. But that was more than enough for the police; after seeing the video, they suspended his license and hit him with a fine of over $1000.

There are lessons to be learned here. I trust I don't have to explain them.

Source: HardOCP [http://www.madison.com/tct/mad/latest/453385]

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Wouldn't it be great if all criminals did this? Filmed it so the police would have a simpler job? On hindsight, it would be greater if they stopped doing crimes at all.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
cobrausn said:
I blame the music.

And they decided to do this at night. Genius.
Well, there are less people who will see them at night. Personally, I blame the lack of a good feudal system.

This reminds me of the guy who used an ark wielder as a getaway vehicle. The top speed was about three mph, it left a VERY visible line for the cops to follow, and the guy parked it in his driveway.

Go on

Mar 11, 2009
The end was freaking hilarious, but of course i only started laughing after i had read that none of them were hurt.

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Maybe if he had been keeping his eyes on the road instead of on his phone he wouldnt of crashed. Shame none of them got hurt really, it would have served them right and would have been funnier

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Would have been funnier if they got splattered over the pavement.

I kid, but seriously, they would have deserved it.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Ugh *facepalms*
Who seriously thought this was a good idea?
Really did anyone honestly think that it was a good idea?
I hope every idiot involved in this gets a kickin'

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Is it sick that I wanted to see more than this?

I've never been in a crash =[

Haha, sick.

azadiscool

Dec 10, 2008
/facepalm

FACOWN PAUNCH!

KARATE CHOP

Epic fail is epic

The cake is a lie

That is all...

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
I BLAME VIDEO GAMES!

Vidja games are clearly corrupting the brain matter of our youths, making them think they can and should drive as fast as those lunatics in their Grand-Turr-Ees-Moh games! BAN VIDEO GAMES!!!

In all seriousness, though, there truly is no epic fail macro to describe this. There really isn't. I weep for our future.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
Because the only thing dumber than dropping the hammer on a public highway is making sure the cops have evidence while doing so. Man... I'm just glad that no one got hurt, and I'm not just talking about our Academy Darwin Award nominees here.

-- Steve

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
License suspension? If it were up to me, I'd make sure none of them were behind the steering wheel of a car again. Ugh, some people have no brains at all.