United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Looks about like it should, and that’s a good thing. Game Informer’s reactions -

I'm glad one of the guys likes SOR4, but there was a reason why it needed an art style change. If Dotemu did pixels, people would have just complain about it being the same and not much else different. Also, the old Ninja turtles games had plenty of smooth animation. The arcade versions of the first game and turtles and time, they had very smooth animation. The SNES Port of turtles in time had to cut some animation but it wasn't that big a deal and not that noticeable. Tournament Fighters on SNES also has really smooth animation. The NES games had decent animations for their time, but of course it'll make sense that they have to cut back on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It's apparently by the developer of Flinthook and Mercenary Kings, while the publisher is behind Streets of Rage 4 according to this paragraph I stole from an article...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge is a collaboration between Dotemu - the publisher behind Streets of Rage 4 and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - and developer Tribute Games, which created the excellent Flinthook and Mercenary Kings.
I only say this because a podcast including someone familiar with the dev said they are absurdly humble and are terrible at promoting their quality games, which is an injustice, damnit! And I am compelled to balance the books...so just call me Judge Bread? (But not in bed)

Last edited:

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I've always had a soft spot for the TMNT side scrolling beat 'em ups. I played Turtles in Time on the Snes so much. The remake was alright, but I missed chucking enemies at the screen. Oh, having watched the video, they bought that back. Yay!!!

Anyway, dibs on Raphael.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I've always had a soft spot for the TMNT side scrolling beat 'em ups. I played Turtles in Time on the Snes so much. The remake was alright, but I missed chucking enemies at the screen. Oh, having watched the video, they bought that back. Yay!!!

Anyway, dibs on Raphael.
You could do that in a remake. It just played more like the original arcade version where it would happen at random. Instead of the SNES version where you could deliberately do it

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Well can I expect them to make a sequel to the Konami X-Men beat em up?

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
That X-men game was my favorite thing to play back in the arcade when I was a kid. I really wish it got ported to a console or something because it was amazing, and yet it lives on in only our memories :(

Reactions: Dirty Hipsters

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
That X-men game was my favorite thing to play back in the arcade when I was a kid. I really wish it got ported to a console or something because it was amazing, and yet it lives on in only our memories :(
I have played it with special means. And its....rather blandly simplistic the game.

I am of the opinion that Capcom Beat Em Ups are far more deeper.

Konami is more simplistic fun

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
That X-men game was my favorite thing to play back in the arcade when I was a kid. I really wish it got ported to a console or something because it was amazing, and yet it lives on in only our memories
It got ported to xbla and psn back in the early 2010s, but got delisted years ago. I remember one arcade had both the 4 player version & 6 player version.

Not likely, but anything is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticalGaming

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have played it with special means. And its....rather blandly simplistic the game.

I am of the opinion that Capcom Beat Em Ups are far more deeper.

Konami is more simplistic fun
If you want to Konami brawler with deeper mechanics, play either Violent Storm or Metaphoric Force (make sure it's the JPN version). More so the former

Reactions: Piscian

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I have a preference for the 2003 version, but this works fine.
Thats funny the latest 2012 one that had CGI animation is my favorite. The OG cartoon has not aged well. I was stuck being one of those post-teenagers working 50h/w so I never got a chance to see the 2003 one when it was on. I need to find a streaming service that has it.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Thats funny the latest 2012 one that had CGI animation is my favorite. The OG cartoon has not aged well. I was stuck being one of those post-teenagers working 50h/w so I never got a chance to see the 2003 one when it was on. I need to find a streaming service that has it.
Only place I can find that has it. For whatever reason, Nickelodeon really seem to hate the 2003 version. After you finish that. Watch Turtles Forever. it's a crossover between the 1987 version and 2003 version. It acts as a whole series and in-continuity finale.

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
They're not exactly striking at the apex of the franchise's popularity, but hey- the SNES "Turtles In Time" cart was probably one of my most-rented games back in the day, so I'd hardly complain about a throwback to that.

Does it really count if they don't have the classic "WELCOME TO DIE!" line?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It looks pretty rad.

Reactions: BrawlMan