Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
No. Screw Vanilla Ice. I don't hate the song, but I certainly don't miss it. We got two members from the Wu-Tang and Tee Lopes; real talent.
I'll consider them "real" talent when they get a reference in not just any Metal Gear game, but the greatest Metal Gear game. Until such a time, Vanilla Ice reigns memetic Turtle King.

...on a more serious note, I'm still torn on April's sprites. The art style fits in cutscenes, but there's something about her sprites that make her feel oddly out of place. She looks and is animated like she was ported from a Scott Pilgrim game, when every other character is a stylized upscale of past TMNT arcade games. It's not bad, it just feels out of place to me, and beyond that I just can't put my finger on it.

Casey, however, is on freaking point.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I'll consider them "real" talent when they get a reference in not just any Metal Gear game, but the greatest Metal Gear game. Until such a time, Vanilla Ice reigns memetic Turtle King.
Yeah, good for you; don't care.
..on a more serious note, I'm still torn on April's sprites. The art style fits in cutscenes, but there's something about her sprites that make her feel oddly out of place. She looks and is animated like she was ported from a Scott Pilgrim game, when every other character is a stylized upscale of past TMNT arcade games. It's not bad, it just feels out of place to me, and beyond that I just can't put my finger on it.
Looks great to me and most others. And while there is a little bit of Scott Pilgrim in there, it makes sense considering SR made by the exact same developers. April looks fabulous and dummy Thicc.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

NEW FEATURES
Gameplay

• A new Arcade mode is here: Custom Game! Just like an actual arcade machine: customize your game experience using DIP switches: free play, old-school Super Attacks, faster enemies, no more taunts, and many more! You can see the customization in the lobbies of Custom Games. Achievements’ progression and unlocking is disabled in Custom Games.

• In the Character Select menu, the host can now set a maximum number of players for the lobby.
Graphics

• Added some awesome filters: CRT (normal or curved) and VCR! Check them out in the Options menu.
FIXES
Gameplay

• Fixed rare crash in Arcade mode when changing difficulty.
  • Cars can no longer deal massive damage when the player is considered Armored (for example: charging a Heavy Swing).
  • Fixed bosses sometimes unable to reach a player positioned at the very top or bottom of the stage.
  • Fixed bosses sometimes frozen after being hit by Raphael’s Super Flying Attack.
  • Fixed Score not kept for player when switching character after a continue.
  • Fixed April’s Super Flying Attack sometimes seemingly reviving KO’ed enemies.
  • Fixed reviving a KO player near the transition point (for example: escalators in the Crystal Palace Mall) that would sometimes prevent progression.
  • Fixed updating the timer for special statuses (for example: Infinite Ninja Power) when KO or in a cutscene.

• Guest players can now rejoin the same hosted game.
Input

• Fixed input not correctly assessed when selecting between Backflip or Roundoff when turning around.
Menus

• Fixed rare soft lock occurring in the World Map if the user completed Stage 8 after finishing Stage 10.
IMPROVEMENTS
Gameplay

• Taunt now only fills up the first Ninja Power bar.
  • We no longer clear fully accumulated Ninja Power bars when KO on Chill difficulty.
  • Doing a throw now grants the player invulnerability.
  • Added more feedback in the HUD when trying to do a Super Attack without enough Ninja Power.
  • Many small animation tweaks were made to all bosses, often to make attacks easier to read.
  • Fixed Dirtbag’s dig holes collision detection that was too wide and deep.
  • Reduced the number of enemies spawned in Zorax’s stampede and the frequency of stampedes. Zorax also has a bit less health when facing multiple players.
  • Rat King now does Pied Piper less frequently.
  • Improved the Super Shredder fight in many small ways for a smoother pacing and tweaked some damage values. His grab is now used more frequently and is more efficient, though. Bummer dude!
  • Improved Statue of Tyranny pacing and tweaked some damage values.
  • Mother Mouser has a new bite animation to differentiate the charge bite from the idle bite, to give players time to react.
  • Mouser Model 3 and Mother Mouser are now acting a bit faster.
  • Radical Mode damage multiplier is now applied to all throws, Super Dive Attack, and charged Heavy Swing.
  • Fixed players sometimes falling outside of the screen repeatedly when respawning, at specific locations.

• Added a Refresh button to the lobby search list.
  • We improved the way the Arcade score is calculated: we now record each player individually, even if they leave the game.
Localization

• Corrected or improved a few strings in Spanish, French and German.
Menus

• The game will remember if How To Play was seen before, separately in Story and Arcade modes as they differ.
  • Improved the prompt to reset your story and character progress.
  • Pause menu in Arcade mode now shows the total play time.
Steam

• Steam Input: improved support for PS5 controllers.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Shredder's Revenge was one of my favourite games of last year, so yeah, I'm up for some dlc for an excuse to go back to it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Turtles! They put Karai in here too! Release date August 31th!

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge - I beat Survival Mode already. It wasn't easy, and it took me 4 tries. The first two times was with Karai, the third time with Usagi, and on the 4th try, using Mikey, I actually beat the final boss on the first try. Barely had any health left. The final boss in the Void is another version of Super Shredder that steals the Power Crystals and energizes himself with some more attack moves. He's a little more fun to fight than the regular Super Shredder_Arcade/Story, but once you know how is pattern works, he's technically easier. Yet he moves much faster. when beating the final boss, the game asks you to end or continue deeper. I dropped to the end, just so I can see the silly ending. Next time, I might try to go beyond the final boss of the mode.

This mode gets tough real fast; especially when collecting crystals. Each time you collect a set amount of crystals, you go to the next dimension where enemies and bosses do more damage. Each stage and world is randomized, aside from the final stage. Whatever power ups you get are random too. Including the amount of crystals when at the end of a round. You can get anywhere from #10-30 when choosing a path to take. I highly recommend, if you see a become a boss power up, then take it. They act as a second bar of health, and you can spam supers fast, as the meter fills up quickly. Playing as bosses is over powered, but will get you to the end fast, if that's what you want.

This is mode is a rouge-lite, but you can level up for permeant boosts on the next run. Just like in Story mode. Everyone starts a level 0, and you have to play and progress to keep your stuff. It's an interesting take, but I feel they didn't need the super light RPG mechanics to make this work. They should have done what DD Gaiden did, and just have the permanent upgrades be temporary and randomized as well for each run.

Karai is already my favorite of the two new characters, as she is a bare fisted ninja. Izuna Drops for the win!

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I'm probably not going to play this and it's no fault of the developer. PS+ subscriptions are going to hit £60 a year for the basic package and I just refuse to pay for any off it now. Seriously Sony, why are you trying to piss everyone off?

Reactions: BrawlMan