Teenager Has Testicle Amputated After 'Tapping' Game

JoJo Bizzaro 7

Mar 7, 2010
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593680,00.html?test=latestnews

David Gibbons, 14, was changing classes in his Crosby, Minn. high school when he was attacked by another student playing a game called "sack tapping."

David's mother, Christy Gibbons, said it wasn't until hours later that they realized something was wrong.

"One o'clock in the morning he woke me up and told me he was in excruciating pain," she said.

David was taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Brainerd, Minn. where surgeons removed his right testicle.

And David is not the only student who has suffered the consequences of the "sack tapping" game.

"It's just gotten way out of control," said Dr. Scott Wheeler, a urologist in Brainerd, Minn. who says he performs three to four surgeries a year on boys with ruptured testicles and other complications as a result of "sack tapping."

"All parents, you need to have this talk with your kids not to do it. It's lost its humor. It's not a game anymore. People get hurt," he added.

So, escapists, thoughts? Personally, I'm wondering if Minnesota is really so boring that the only thing boy's can think to do is nail each other in the daddy bags.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
You said "Fox News" as the source. Some of the Escapist population won't believe it now.

But I will.

AND THIS SACK TAPPING THING IS UTTERLY RETARDED!

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Huh. This is kind of an ironic aticle, because we were just talking about groin attacks in that other thread..

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
That sounds just wrong. Glad we don't have any game like that at my school. I feel sorry for this kid.

pope_of_larry

Oct 18, 2009
happens in Florida to. no they think it's funny to hit each other in the balls and watch them in pain....

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Threw the entire article all I could do is think "Owwwwww"

Seriously though, Whats "Sack Tapping"

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
I tend to make sure no other guy gets that close to mine, but it makes me think, what straight man would was to slap another guy's balls?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
...What the hell is sack tapping and why does it sound bi-curious at the least?

Ninja'd, damn it.

pope_of_larry

Oct 18, 2009
Blazing Steel said:
I tend to make sure no other guy gets that close to mine, but it makes me think, what straight man would was to slap another guy's balls?
i know what your saying this is just the tip of the iceberg at my school some kids will slap your ass and say it cool i play sports.... both being dudes btw.

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
Stealthygamer said:
If i ever have kids i'll make them wear a jock strap to high school (assuming they're boys)
Nah, that's a waste of money that could be spent on martial arts lessons. Let's face it, IF you can hit a guy who knows martial arts in the balls, it's not likely that you'll go home with all your limbs.