Teenager Who Killed Parents Over Halo 3 Found Guilty

ArcadianTrance

Jan 11, 2009
So so true
Padfoot13 said:
stupid people playing games and not being able to distinguish the difference between real violence and video game violence. I remember when i was 13, i wanted to rent god of war, my mother knew that i knew the difference and that i was not going to go swinging knives around on strings just because i played it. If you want to play video games you should have to have a certain IQ to play, not just a certain age.
So so true.

AfroNinja117

Oct 18, 2008
Solo508 said:
Lets face it, the game had nothing to do with it. The guy was just a delusional asshole.
couldn't have said it any other way, but also, those parents must have been way to overly protective to not let him get halo 3, first off halo 3 woulda been rated T if not for the live and the fact that the other games of the series were M, second off, he's fucking 16, my 8 year old neighbor plays freakin Fallout 3 and and the GoW series, as well as Halo 3 like there's no tommorow

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
That kid has freaky "dead" eyes...

Wouldn't want to run into him... anywhere.
Yeah, I wonder why...
He has just been sentenced to jail for life because he killed his mother.
And what the fuck is up with everyone saying that he deserved it? He is clearly a complete basket case, they should send him to a mental institute, not jail.
k3v1n said:
this psycho deserves to be tortured, raped, burnt and killed....I just don't get how can you dare to even shoot your parents and kill your mother over a game...
God, some people are insensitive.

LaxLuster

Dec 11, 2008
I understand feeling bad for the father and sister because that's got to be difficult, but I really have no sympathy for this kid. "Sick," isn't the right word, but it's the first that comes to mind.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I can't muster up the slightest shred of sympathy for this bastard, blaming video games for influencing a kid who quite clearly has mental issues just doesn't work, but rather than jail, he should rot in a mental institution for a whole, padded cell, straitjacket, the works, it's sick what he did, but throwing the basketcase in prison will do no good, if anything, it'll just drive him more insane than he already is.

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
I'm spotting a little inconsistency here...
The kid claims that his addiction to Halo 3 was the problem, yet the story goes on to say they wouldn't let him buy it, and locked it away when he smuggled it home.

By my reasoning this means he either:
a) Isn't telling the whole story,
b) Played the game at a friend's house (but he's been allegedly stuck at home, according to his lawyer),
c) Been told to blame it on video game addiction since it's an easy defense, or
d) All of the above.

I'm inclined to go "d", and that the whole "stuck at home" thing is rubbish. After all, why was he out and about buying games then?

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Wait wait, the father survived being shot in the head? And the guy still used that story?!

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
ColdStorage said:
I hope I never go through that, or anyone else for that matter.
When I read stories like these, I pray that it has something to do with education. That somewhere along the line, the parents went wrong and raised a kid that would come to shoot them at age 16.
I hope that your kid losing it and trying to kill you is not something that can happen to anybody. That losing touch with your kid up to the point to having him point a gun at your face is not something that can just happen, no matter how well you tried to raise him.

Please god, let it be so.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Don't sneak games into the household. Let your children play their games without getting them addicted. Don't punish them for playing their games. If your children die from the games, don't even fucking think about blaming the games because it's just wrong.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Dr.Kay said:
Only in america...
You... do know that weirder things have happened. And outside America too. Such as the Koren guy who killed someone for selling his favorite WoW weapon, or the Chinese kid who swallowed saw blades.

Lyiat

Dec 10, 2008
Dr.Kay said:
Lyiat said:
Dr.Kay said:
Only in america...
You... do know that weirder things have happened. And outside America too. Such as the Koren guy who killed someone for selling his favorite WoW weapon, or the Chinese kid who swallowed saw blades.
Mhm, I also know of a teacher who killed a kid over a pokemon card. Oh yeah, and kids with guns go into schools killing tons who didn't do anything to them in their schools...in america.
... And children being raised to fight wars in middle-eastern countries, and lets not forget Jack the Ripper. And EVERY WAR BEFORE AMERICA EXISTED.