Tekken 7 Announced at EVO 2014

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Tekken 7 Announced at EVO 2014

Tekken 7 will use the Unreal 4 engine, and be released for next-gen platforms.

EVO, the world's biggest fighting game tournament, is like Christmas for fighting game fans, and what's Christmas without a couple of surprises? This year, Bandai Namco has used the event to announce the latest in its popular Tekken series: Tekken 7, with a teaser trailer. The short teaser, which you can check out to the right, features a little bit of cringe-worthy story, and a tiny glimpse of what may possibly be in-game footage.

What we do know is that the game will be built on Epic's Unreal Engine 4. Katsuhiro Harada, the game's producer, praised the Unreal tech, saying "With Unreal Engine 4, we can rapidly achieve visual quality expected on next-gen platforms and go beyond it."

"Not only is Unreal Engine 4 powerful and easy to use, but it also allows us to bring Tekken 7 to any platform we desire." he continued. No platforms were officially announced (with the exception of Japanese arcades), but we can most likely assume from Harada's statement that the game will come out on next-gen platforms.

Currently, Killer Instinct is the only real next-gen fighting game that is being played competitively, so it will be nice to see one of the competitive scene's iconic series upgraded for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Source: Bandai Namco [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LuFSZqp4E]

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Imma wait for the roster n stuff before I start getting hyped, I do have high hopes for the game though and hope it won't have a soundtrack developed from a dubstep machine like TTT2.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Wonder if they will ever continue the Heihachi/Kazuya cliff throwing championship.

I miss that, it was silly.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Wasn't there some kind of Tekken X Street Fighter game they wanted to release? Not to confuse with Street Fighter X Tekken from Capcom, which is it's counterpart.
And now they announce ANOTHER game? How about finishing the ones first you have announced already?

holyshaman

May 19, 2013
for all i love and care for pls be on pc.

with that out of the way i wish the best of luck to bandai namco games

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
holyshaman said:
for all i love and care for pls be on pc.

with that out of the way i wish the best of luck to bandai namco games
Yeah, watching EVO got me hyped on fighting games, i would love for Tekken to come to pc. There are only two things i am jelous of, when it comes to consoles, fighting games and Dynasty Warriors like games XD.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I would like to see tekken on PC for once, it was my favorite fighting game since PSone and these days i'm limited to playing the psp versions on emulators, mostly on my phone tho.. So a decent android version would be fine too.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
I don't think they'll ever release a Tekken for PC, I don't remember Namco releasing ANY game for PC. Capcom releases for pc though.

I do hope it's on ps3 as well since they don't any next gen games that makes me wanna buy a ps4 yet.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Bindal said:
Wasn't there some kind of Tekken X Street Fighter game they wanted to release? Not to confuse with Street Fighter X Tekken from Capcom, which is it's counterpart.
And now they announce ANOTHER game? How about finishing the ones first you have announced already?
I was thinking about that game recently, and how it totally disappeared from everyone's radar once SFxT was actually released. My advice: forget about it. It was canceled as soon as they saw that the Capcom counterpart (which, for all intents and proposes, seems like it was going to be "the good one") didn't set the world on fire, and before that it was probably in the R&D phase.
The fact they released 2 Tekken games between then and now (and announced a third) should be enough proof that TxSF is not in Harada's mind at all...

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
ExtraDebit said:
I don't think they'll ever release a Tekken for PC, I don't remember Namco releasing ANY game for PC. Capcom releases for pc though.

I do hope it's on ps3 as well since they don't any next gen games that makes me wanna buy a ps4 yet.
Well, if they keep making games for last gen, you'll never have any games that will make you move to the next gen.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
ExtraDebit said:

Its a slight possibility. Injustice and MK9 both did extremely well on PC according to Netherrealm. With MKX already being announced for pc other fighting game developers could follow suit.