Tekken 7 Gets a June Release Date

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Tekken 7 Gets a June Release Date

Tekken 7 is finally coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam on June 2nd.

Bandai Namco Entertainment announced today that Tekken 7 will finally be releasing in America on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, following years in development, on June 2, 2017.

"Tekken 7 for home consoles and PCs represents the culmination of the highest levels of fighting game development," a press release reads, "even surpassing its arcade counterpart by offering additional balance and fine tuning, the inclusion of a dramatic story mode, more characters, and the implementation of online tournament modes that are sure to ignite the fighting spirit amongst gamers around the world."

Accompanying the announcement was a story trailer (below).

Bandai Namco also announced a variety of special offers, including a Collector's Edition, pre-order bonuses, and more. You can check out the full details, from the press release, below:

The Tekken 7 Collector's Edition (available for PlayStation 4 & Xbox One); collectors and hardcore Tekken 7 fans will be pleased to learn that there will be a Tekken 7 Collector's Edition containing a spectacular statue measuring approximately 12" tall by 18" wide that features a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special Steel Book, and the official Tekken 7 soundtrack.

A Tekken 7 Season Pass (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will grant players access to three content packs aimed to extend the Tekken 7 experience and will include new playable characters, new stages, a new game mode, costume packs, and a bonus 35-piece Metallic Costume Pack. *Each DLC pack contained within the Tekken 7 Season Pass may also be purchased separately.

Tekken 7 Pre-order Bonus (available today for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and STEAM) will feature DLC access to Eliza, the famed vampire character that made her Tekken debut in Tekken Revolution. Xbox One players will be treated to an added bonus of receiving a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

A special Digital Xbox One Pre-order Pack (available on the Xbox Store beginning on January 31, 2017) will include DLC access to Eliza and a free copy of Tekken 6 that takes advantage of the backwards compatible capabilities of the Xbox One platform.

The Tekken 7 Digital Deluxe Edition (available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, STEAM) will include Tekken 7 and the Season Pass.

Lastly, the PlayStation 4 version of TEKKEN 7 will contain exclusive content: legacy costumes from Tekken 4 and Tekken 2 for King, Xiaoyu and Jin as well as a Jukebox Mode where fans can listen to classic Tekken music tracks and even create playlists of Tekken music to listen to while they play.
[gallery=6832]

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
A little girl with a minigun? She'll fit right in with the boxing velociraptor, inconsistent bug ninja, and the dude with the jaguar for a head.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
MeatMachine said:
A little girl with a minigun? She'll fit right in with the boxing velociraptor, inconsistent bug ninja, and the dude with the jaguar for a head.
Oh, she is from Tekken 6. Yeah, she is a robot who can use her head as a bomb. c:

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
MeatMachine said:
Armor King is not just one person....
There was also 2 Kings from what I read. So at least 4 Jaguar Headed Men.

Sep 24, 2008
Yay Steam team! You get barely anything! Just be grateful you were allowed to be on the bus.

... Which no lie, I really am grateful that we're allowed on the bus. Swag would be great, but I'm just so happy I get to get back into Tekken.

Jacked Assassin said:
MeatMachine said:
Armor King is not just one person....
There was also 2 Kings from what I read. So at least 4 Jaguar Headed Men.
It pleases me that you with your avatar corrects the history of King

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Im really excited to play this... Less so at the thought of DLC charecters.

As long as I get king, jack, bryan, marduk, nina and julia/michelle Im happy.

I still play tekken tag 2 most nights and love it. Backwards compatability FTW