Tell Sony how to Make the PS3 Better!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Tell Sony how to Make the PS3 Better!

Is there something you don't like about the PS3 (other than that it doesn't have Mass Effect 2)? Sony's new PlayStation.Blog Share service is an official way for you to let them know what they can be doing better.

It's a problem that any reasonably popular content provider has: You can be making a post about some cool new feature you're excited about offering and talking over with the community, when some grump comes in to the thread with an off-topic complaint: "Hey guys, when are you going to nerf Rogue damage, huh??"

That isn't to say that their claims are always invalid, just that they aren't being said in the right place - but another problem is that most of the time, there is no right place other than a faceless-seeming email account.

That's the problem that Sony is PlayStation.Blog Share [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/17/introducing-playstation-blog-share/] feature. Do you have a cool new suggestion for something Sony could add to the service, or a complaint about something you don't like? Post it to the Share, and if people like it it'll get bumped to the top - where Sony can hopefully see it as an issue worth addressing.

It's a very cool new feature. Every company has a "email us suggestions!" inbox somewhere or other, but what's nice about the PS3 Share is how public it is - and how you can check to see what the community thinks is its most pressing concerns. I also like how you get rewarded through visibility if you vote on multiple subjects, so that encourages people to sift through them instead of just finding the most popular.

At the moment, the three most popular topics are: "Copy Multiple Game Saves at once," "Trophies for PSP," and "Trophy, Presence, and Profile APIs." Obviously coding takes a long time, so these won't happen within the week or maybe within the month, but hopefully this service will put these things on Sony's radar. Good job with this one, guys!

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
This seems pretty nice. I'd love to message them about some improvements I always thought the Ps3 could use.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
John Funk said:
At the moment, the three most popular topics are: "Copy Multiple Game Saves at once," "Trophies for PSP," and "Trophy, Presence, and Profile APIs." Obviously coding takes a long time, so these won't happen within the week or maybe within the month, but hopefully this service will put these things on Sony's radar. Good job with this one, guys!
Not PS2 BC?

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
Cross game voice chat is the highest now. Hopefully Sony will get the message and finally put it in for free instead of in that subscription thing they've been talking about.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
More avatars, or the ability to get a custom avatar after it's deemed not explicit.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Awesome! I suggested the removal of the region lock so PSP Go users get an instant boost of new and good games.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/remove-region-lock-from-the-psp-go-psn-store

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
TheGreenManalishi said:
John Funk said:
Not PS2 BC?
They've explained the No BC thing so many times. It just doesn't work out. A lot of games on BC capable PS3's look like crap. And I'm sure you're one of the 140 some odd million who owns a PS2 so just use that.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Grayjack said:
More avatars, or the ability to get a custom avatar after it's deemed not explicit.
This! instead of having to buy them... like those from MAG... pfff.

give more free stuff Sony, and you might get more buyers.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
Not PS2 BC?
Woem said:
Awesome! I suggested the removal of the region lock so PSP Go users get an instant boost of new and good games.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/17/remove-region-lock-from-the-psp-go-psn-store
I couldn't really think of any on my own but these are good. Its two late (i think) to have the ps3 play ps2 disks so they could offer downloads at least. Also it's a good thing I don't have a psp go because I play a few Japanese games, I really don't like region blocking on any system and it needs to be done away with.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I suppose gotta give them points for trying to attempt good customer service.

Now, the problem is will they take what is put on there into account

sneeky033

dAT cAPSLOCK
Dec 1, 2009
WOW. I've honestly never seen a company do something like this. Go Sony!

btw, the number next to the red down arrow next to each idea is the TOTAL number of votes, not the number of "no" votes. Maybe I'm just retarded, but it took me about 15 minutes to figure it out.

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
AzrealMaximillion said:
TheGreenManalishi said:
John Funk said:
Not PS2 BC?
They've explained the No BC thing so many times. It just doesn't work out. A lot of games on BC capable PS3's look like crap. And I'm sure you're one of the 140 some odd million who owns a PS2 so just use that.
OK, you look at MGS2 in progressive scan as it would be through a PS3's HDMI and tell me it looks like crap.

Vigilantis

Jan 14, 2010
love it, I'm already clicking the +1 vote green arrow on just about every topic I come across on the blog, I doubt Sony will do even half of these suggestions but...still a pat on the back for making themselves look good.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
how to make the ps3 better...
replace its controller with the 360 controller
replace "trophies" with "achievements"
give it better online support
stop overrating its exclusives
stop trying to develop a motion controller!!!
there i fixed it.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I wonder if anyone's considered asking for it to cost less?

OT: This is actually pretty good, even if it's just to look like consumer satisfaction matters, either way it's a good move on Sony's part.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
It's about time.
I wasn't expecting it to do all the wonderful things they said it would at launch but at this point, we've waited long enough.
I just want more consistency: more than a few games with custom soundtrack option, psp connectivity, and all that other great stuff.

Wait... why am I telling you this.
I can tell THEM this.