Tell Us if the Tron Action Figure is Creepy or Cool

Freshman

Jan 8, 2010
Yea, if you took the face off or covered it up, it would be boss. That keeboard though has got to be the most fucking awesome thing I have seen since that lego bolt action that guy made. Can you Imagine how beast that would look in the dark?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Spinwhiz said:
That Tron controller is 10 tons of awesome in a 5 lb bag.
Does that bag weigh 5 lbs, or is that how much it can contain, or...BRAIN MALFUNCTION. PRINTING TEST PAGE.

Yes, that controller is pretty amazing, but the action figure makes me want to go to some other world and smash my head against a nuclear fission reactor.
Oh, it can hold up to 5 lbs but weighs approximately .2 lbs. I tried to find a Bag of Holding but those are really hard to find for some reason.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, it has a ruined eye that seems to follow me wherever I go, and a pretty mouth to devour me whole...

I wonder if it will vigorously disapprove if you put too much honey in your tea, and try and make snacks out of your body parts.

-

THAT SAID

Well the appeal to a lot of this stuff seems to be directly tied to you liking the movie. For the most part the only real gimmick is the usage of some lines and the word "Tron".

Truthfully I think they are going a bit overboard with high end merchandizing for a movie that hasn't even come out yet, and strikes me as being a massive roll of the dice overall. The world has changed since the original "Tron" came out, and people understand computers a lot more than they did back then, a lot of the mystique is gone.

What's more a number of other creations have tread much of the same ground since then with mixed degrees of success. Things like "Reboot", and the ongoing Japanese series like "Compiler" and "Assembler" (the animes released in the US were lacking however, some fans however might remember a scene in Silent Mobius where Assembler makes an apperance though, despite it not being a shared universe).

The first movie was the result of computer mystique, and given that the new series seems to be using the same logic (including dusting off some of the same devices), it is pretty much relying on nostolgia to convey a simple, and dated concept, that many science fiction and fantasy geeks are going to realize has actually been handled better (in a variety of ways) since the original, irregardless of where the inspiration comes from.

For all I know it will be huge, I've been proven wrong more than a few times. I however have been sort of looking at this through the same eyes as I see many other remakes/sequels of/to things that were popular a couple of decades ago.

Action figures I can get, but when you can buy a servicable keyboard for $20, I think it's a bit over-enthusiastic for them to be thinking that a custom color scheme and the name "Tron" on the front is going to get people to line up and spend an extra $100.00. Then there is the snow-boots bit... $270 is not bad for a high end pair of snow boots, but it seems odd to expect the movie to be popular enough where people will be running out to buy another pair in custom colors.

Energylegzz

May 13, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
The keyboard and the 360 controller are seriously awesome and I want those, but that action figure has something... off about it. And this is coming from someone who has a doll of Pee-Wee Herman sitting next to his bed.

That one, to be exact.
Funny thing I have that puppet and an Urkel puppet kinda creepy but still.
The controller is really sweet though I wish I had one right now.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Man, that thing's face is too huge.

Also I want that keyboard - I never understood why the NumPad was on the right in the first place. Do any other keyboards have the NumPad on the left, as that would really help.

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Gone are the days of the poorly-painted plastic tie-in-toys of my younger days. Now its all fancy electronics and stuff.

*shakes walking stick*

(The keyboard is cool though)

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Spinwhiz said:
That Tron controller is 10 tons of awesome in a 5 lb bag.
Does that bag weigh 5 lbs, or is that how much it can contain, or...BRAIN MALFUNCTION. PRINTING TEST PAGE.

Yes, that controller is pretty amazing, but the action figure makes me want to go to some other world and smash my head against a nuclear fission reactor.
Oh, it can hold up to 5 lbs but weighs approximately .2 lbs. I tried to find a Bag of Holding but those are really hard to find for some reason.
That's because I've bought them all for when a human "End of the World" prediction is actually right. I guess I can spare you one, but whatever you do, don't tell Dennis.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
the face on that action figure gives me the willies(ie CREEEPY for you young kids) but the rest of other 3 items(the Light Disc Iphone recharger in particular) look rather badass

spuddaemon

Nov 9, 2009
That's the kind of thing that wakes you up in the night... and you see it staring at you, even after you turn it around or put it in the closet... it's there again on the dresser staring across the room at you...

Very very creepy.