Telltale Confirms The Walking Dead Season 3

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Telltale Confirms The Walking Dead Season 3

There will be a season 3 of The Walking Dead, confirmed its developer.

Read Full Article

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Cool, but I hope a second season of The Wolf Among Us will also happen. It's the better series to me.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
"Season 2, while not having quite as big an impact, has still been pretty top notch, so here's hoping the quality of the game does not dilute any further with the third season."
I feel like Season 2 is a little more impacting than Season 1, which obviously not as original. Characters still made tough decisions and faced their fears. Villains still made serious threats of murder, though the villain in Season 2 is far more despicable. Protagonists still had heart-wrenching moments of pain and/or exhaustion, though Season 2 made you act through the pain.

Is a Season 3 necessary? No. But hey, the series hasn't really gotten stale yet - at least, not as much as The Wolf Among Us.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Assuming Clementine survives the end of Season 2 I would like to see her return for Season 3... hopefully not in the same capacity as...

Kenny, because man is he a wreck in Season 2

But I would accept them approaching it from a new character, as long as said character is as great as Lee and Clementine have been.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
I do hope we're not playing as Clementine for Series 3. I feel like her character arc is ending plus the writers could do with a fresh start. I've been disappointed by Series 2 for a number of reasons (not fleshing out characters, assuming we'll like characters, choices not mattering as much) and most of the problems I've had are due to writing and pacing of the episodes. The Wolf Among us has suffered too but the same extent. A new character and a fresh start would help I think. It depends if they can finish the character arc for Clementine.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
My level of enthusiasm depends a lot on how much deeper the darkness induced apathy of season 2 becomes. XD I'm enjoying the games well enough, I was even a stalwart supporter of season 2, but after episode 4

wasted Nick as a character, then took rendering the player's choices meaningless to a whole new level, killing one person no matter how I acted, and having me accused of theft whether or not I stole anything, and then topped THAT off with a climax that's almost guaranteed to leave at least two of the remaining characters I like dead

I'm kinda just hanging on to the end of season 2 out of macabre fascination and interest in Kenny's byronic descent into madness. I don't mind unhappy endings or dark stories, but you have to give your characters/audience SOMETHING, man. XDD

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Yeah... I was expecting this.

Now the game begins of who will be left to tell the next story?

I suspect it won't be Clementine because Lee wasn't still around at the start of Season 2. I think it might be that Jane woman who has been stalking the group since she 'left'. I am not sure though...

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Hmmmm.... Not sure how I feel about this.

I mean, I like the Walking Dead, but Season 2 is starting to get really lazy; the last episode was particularly bad in terms of letting me feel like I have a choice which matters. It will depend on how the last episode goes.

That said, I think I won't be pre-ordering Season 3, but waiting for the box set. I'm starting to not like the episodic way of releasing games, partly because Telltale can't stick to their own schedule and don't give any real warning of when the next episode comes out, and I don't have time to keep checking for it.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
truckspond said:
Yeah... I was expecting this.

Now the game begins of who will be left to tell the next story?

I suspect it won't be Clementine because Lee wasn't still around at the start of Season 2. I think it might be that Jane woman who has been stalking the group since she 'left'. I am not sure though...
If you save Sarah, there's a chance that Jane dies trying to save her when she falls down the observation deck
So i doubt Jane will be the main character

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
balladbird said:
wasted Nick as a character, then took rendering the player's choices meaningless to a whole new level, killing one person no matter how I acted, and having me accused of theft whether or not I stole anything, and then topped THAT off with a climax that's almost guaranteed to leave at least two of the remaining characters I like dead
Okay, to address this really quick,
Arvo accuses you of stealing because when he was on the deck in the first place he was stashing the drugs in the garbage bin.
There'd be no reason for doing that unless he himself was stealing the supplies, and was simply going to claim he was robbed.
What lucky happenstance it must be for Arvo to have a group that doesn't speak English so they couldn't figure out Arvo was the thief and not the people he said were the thieves.

OT: Unsurprising, considering how well this whole series has been taking off, and I'm okay with it.