Telltale Confirms Walking Dead Season 3, Batman Game's Release Window

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Telltale Confirms Walking Dead Season 3, Batman Game's Release Window

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1326/1326973.jpgTelltale Games has confirmed there's another season of The Walking Dead in the works, and also narrowed down the release window for their upcoming Batman game.

As E3 draws inexorably nearer, we're going to start hearing more teases and announcement from companies. Today's entry in the "Show stuff off before E3" sweepstakes is from Telltale Games.

In a tweet from Head of Creative Communications Job Stauffer (embedded below), the company announced to no one's surprise that there will be another season of The Walking Dead adventure game. It will launch this fall, and will certainly be shown off at E3 next week.

The tweet also confirms that the company's upcoming adventure game, Batman: The Telltale Series, will be launching this summer on an shown off at E3 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166918-Batman-Telltale-Game-Upgrades-Engine].

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/739552648915886080]

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Well, I don't care at all for Batman, but I'm looking forward to the new season of The Walking Dead. Season 1 was fantastic, and Season 2 was pretty good. Hope Season 3 is better then Season 2!

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
I never understood the appeal of Telltale's adventure games, I only played TWD Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us. The whole "Each of your decisions matter" concept is fascinating and amazing if done right, which Telltale... doesn't. The only major difference I've seen them do so far is a choice towards the end of TWD Season 2.

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
OuendanCyrus said:
I never understood the appeal of Telltale's adventure games, I only played TWD Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us. The whole "Each of your decisions matter" concept is fascinating and amazing if done right, which Telltale... doesn't. The only major difference I've seen them do so far is a choice towards the end of TWD Season 2.
Yes. But I happen to enjoy greatly the stories told in TWD 1&2 and The Wolf Among Us, I guess that is the main draw for people who buy their games. Gameplay-wise and marketing-wise these games are super shallow. Marketing, because of the very reason you mention. To Telltale, I'd say to either turn this up to 11 or not to ride on this concept this loud in public, because it inevitably spawns massive disappointment.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
OuendanCyrus said:
To be fair, in novels and movies you generally don't get to choose your own path and they nonetheless can tell compelling stories. The choices in TWD don't have much effect on the overall story but can change how you view it immensely, for example the difference between an NPC dying thanks to sheer bad luck and that NPC dying because your Lee or Clementine refused to rescue them. I guess it depends how immersed you are.

OT: Fingers-crossed Clementine is back, I got a more controversial ending at season 2:

Badass Clem setting out, caring for the baby alone

But I really liked that ending, it felt like the story had come in a full circle since Lee found Clem in the beginning. So I'm eager to see where she goes next from here.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
At this point, I think I just want the option to shoot anyone the moment they a) start monologuing or b) start blaming a 13-year-old for the decision they shouldn't have been forced to make in the first place.

"Oh, you'll remember that, will you? Well, remember THIS!"

Totenkreuz

Aug 31, 2013
Yes! I can't really explain it but somehow I enjoy all telltale games alot more than any other game. My 'top' 10 games are probably all filled with their titles nowadays.
I'm probably also insane. ;)

Cheers.

Mar 26, 2008
I'm looking forward to revisiting Clementine. I have a bad feeling some of the decisions I made in the second season have made her a cold, cold person.