Telltale Is Bringing More Walking Dead Before Season 2

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Telltale Is Bringing More Walking Dead Before Season 2

The walkers may be returning sooner than you thought.

The emotional roller coaster that is Telltale's The Walking Dead series has captured the hearts and brains of many gamers, winning over 80 Game of the Year awards. The episodic series was met with so much success that Telltale confirmed plans for a second season [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/118317-TellTale-Games-Planning-The-Walking-Dead-Season-Two] after only two episodes were released, and the first season's conclusion has only left fans even more ravenous for another batch of heart-warming/breaking drama. Well, it turns out that the wait for new content might be shorter than anticipated: expect more Walking Dead from Telltale before the official start of season two.

Gary Whitta, Telltale's story consultant for The Walking Dead and writer of season one's fourth episode, recently discussed the future of the series with IGN. According to him, a second season won't be coming for a while, but something else is already on the horizon. "I can tell you what you already know," he began, "which is season two is coming. There's not much to say because it really is very early in the process ... it's a way off. But, knowing that it's a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more Walking Dead ... there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two. We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two."

The jury is still out on what exactly this inter-season content could be. Whitta was hesitant to say much more, only offering that it will "make the wait for season two slightly less agonizing." Obviously, that's not much to go off of, but (knowing the internet) it's enough to start the wild mass guessing. Telltale may have a bonus standalone episode in the works, or it could be a Flash game on their website - we won't know until the developers decide to lift the curtain on whatever it is they're doing. Expect more details to shamble into the open before too long.

Source: IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/more-telltales-walking-dead-coming-before-season-2]

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010

This tickles the taste buds on my gamers tongue, if I do say so myself! What will this be, like a link between season 1 and 2, like some sort of short tasty what happens between? The wait is palpable!

Apr 28, 2008
But... but... not every character has 3000000000 polygons! HOW WILL I BE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED WITHOUT ALL THE POLYGONS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But for serious, this news pleases/frightens me. Pleases me because more Walking Dead from Telltale. Frightens because oh got more Walking Dead from Telltale I don't think my emotions can take any more.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Irridium said:
But... but... not every character has 3000000000 polygons! HOW WILL I BE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED WITHOUT ALL THE POLYGONS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

But for serious, this news pleases/frightens me. Pleases me because more Walking Dead from Telltale. Frightens because oh got more Walking Dead from Telltale I don't think my emotions can take any more.
Search your feelings you know it to be true, you crave more telltale, your heart cannot resist the power of the Walking dead side!

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Oh dear god, this is fantastic/terrible. I mean, The Walking Dead was fantastic, but then there's also

I don't think they can take much more, Telltale! D:

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
I guess I better hop to it and finish chapter 3, huh? The first two were each so emotionally draining that it could be the very reason they were spaced apart on release : )

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
spin off tv series or comic book, come on spin off tv series or comic book...

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
ritchards said:
spin off tv series or comic book, come on spin off tv series or comic book...

Pretty much sums up your post entirely, I would enough both those things! Now shut up and take my money, TELLTALE!

The

Jan 24, 2012
DVS BSTrD said:
Fine I'll stop dragging my feet and finish chapter 2.
Irridium said:
Is that you TotalBiscuit?
Nope. It's David Cage.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hrm.. intruiging. Perhaps a final episode, because for season two, It seems like it would be a major mistake to hinge the story on Clem because that would be a major withdrawal of character development. Id much rather see how the ending of the final episode plays out and just have them start with a completely new cast for season two.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Just so you're clear, TellTale: you hurt Clem, we break your face.

(steeples fingers)

No pressure. Do go on...

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Hopefully they don't milk this thing, The Walking Dead game was so good because of how Telltales record with adaptions had been sub-par at best, and one for The Walking Dead was so random and out of the blue, it was just surprising, really.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Andy Shandy said:
Oh dear god, this is fantastic/terrible. I mean, The Walking Dead was fantastic, but then there's also

I don't think they can take much more, Telltale! D:
This. So this.

Could not have said it better myself.

STOP TOYING WITH ME YOU BASTARDS

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
DrunkOnEstus said:
The first two were each so emotionally draining that it could be the very reason they were spaced apart on release : )
You thought the first two were emotionally draining? Hah! This is going to be you after episode 5:

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Buzz Killington said:
Well that's excellent news. It's strange, because I'm not particularly sensitive or prone to tears or anything like that, it's just that chapters 1 and 2 were literally tiring. Telltale did a great job of framing the decisions and giving everything so much weight that I felt like a needed a little break after each one to collect myself to be able to handle it again. Hell, I finished 2 about a month ago and still haven't started 3. I got the 1-5 set after they were released so that I could go brute force them all without having to wait, and I can't imagine having followed through with that now that I know. That's a badass gif by the way.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
LoneGunmanO23 said:
Brown-gray FPS starring Clementine.
Kudos for the lolz

OT: Damn guess i gotta finish the final chapter although its ending has been spoiled for me 50 times over.

Question though will this inter episode be attached to the current game or be a standalone?

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
I have faith Telltale can make another fantastic game. I have all the hopes in the world that Season 2 will be fantastic, and whatever this one is good too. Sometimes however lightning doesn't strike twice, we may not be as emotionally invested without Clem as a main focus. However, if the writers keep on their toes and give it 100% we could get a steller sequel and inbetween-quel.