Telltale Releases PC Patch to Fix Batman Issues

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Telltale Releases PC Patch to Fix Batman Issues

Telltale has addressed concerns over Batman's reported poor frame rates on PC.

Telltale has released a patch [http://steamcommunity.com/games/498240/announcements/detail/812157229574775238] for Telltale: The Batman Series on PC after players complained of poor frame rates. According to the announcement of the news, Telltale believes the issues are the result of the game running on integrated graphic cards, rather than dedicated. Another possibility is that the issues were caused by out of date drivers.

The patch automatically defaults the game to run on dedicated graphics card, and adds graphics settings "to enable selection of Higher Performance Textures or Higher Quality Textures." Telltale also recommends that you check to make sure your drivers are up to date before playing the game.

[gallery=6378]

"Enter the fractured psyche of Bruce Wayne and discover the powerful and far-reaching consequences of your choices as the Dark Knight," the description reads, promising a "gritty and violent" story where you'll "make discoveries that will shatter Bruce Wayne's world, and the already fragile stability of a corrupt Gotham City."

Episode 1 of Telltale: The Batman Series released on August 2, with Episodes 2-5 coming "soon."

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Confirmed: it's impossible to make a Batman game on PC that doesn't completely shit itself at launch. :p

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Confirmed: it's impossible to make a Batman game on PC that doesn't completely shit itself at launch. :p
How long until people start talking about "The Curse of Batman"? Games he's in have terrible PC ports and his shadow darkens all of DC's films.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
RJ 17 said:
At least they're trying to fix it asap. Unlike Arkham Knight, where it's permanently broken.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
chozo_hybrid said:
RJ 17 said:
At least they're trying to fix it asap. Unlike Arkham Knight, where it's permanently broken.
I mean, I just beat it on PC and only encountered one area where I had to restart due to a bug, and that only set me back like five minutes. Is it perfect? God no, the optimization is still crap. It's still completely playable in my experience.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am curious as to why they would make integrated the default option. Also, isn't them telling people to make sure they are running the latest drivers (in this day and age of automatic updating) kinda shifting blame to the customer? Nevertheless, it's nice that they were able to get a patch out so quickly for the game. It's better than pulling the game from sale until they could come up with a half-assed workaround.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
RJ 17 said:
It might be a curse singularity. Which curse will win out, The batman curse rendering a different batman game broken, Or the telltale curse that never fully addresses a needed fix for yet another game? (as I am told is still an issue every time telltale releases another game when people exclaim how they will never buy another telltale game until they fix sam and max or which ever one it was.) ?

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
008Zulu said:
I am curious as to why they would make integrated the default option. Also, isn't them telling people to make sure they are running the latest drivers (in this day and age of automatic updating) kinda shifting blame to the customer? Nevertheless, it's nice that they were able to get a patch out so quickly for the game. It's better than pulling the game from sale until they could come up with a half-assed workaround.
To be fair, not everyone updates drivers regularly: it's more one of those 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' sort of scenarios. As new games come out older drivers are not always optimized for the code they use, so even an old stick in the mud may need to update once in a while. While it is a bit of a cop-out, it's still a reasonable thing to put in as a disclaimer. I never actually update hardware drivers unless I need to or a major security vulnerability is discovered.

Although yeah, kind of weird that it defaults to using integrated hardware instead of using the system's default video device. And you're right, at least they are fixing it. I'm still pissed about Arkham Knight.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Times like these I actually miss when games got delayed.

chozo_hybrid said:
SUPPOSEDLY Arkham Knight was somewhat recently fixed and now it's actually playable. Now if only Deus Ex: HR DC got the same treatment.

captainsavvy

Jan 5, 2009
I just thought this was TellTale being TellTale; their framerates have been awful since The Walking Dead Season 1!
Not to mention the chronic audio/video stuttering which made Game of Thrones almost unplayable for me on 360.