Telltale's Game of Thrones Reportedly Still On For This Year

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Telltale's Game of Thrones Reportedly Still On For This Year

The news isn't official, but a Telltale PR representative has confirmed the company's Game of Thrones game is still premiering by the end of this year.

So far, Tellltale Games has only Game of Thrones [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137933-Telltale-Game-of-Thrones-Series-will-be-Iron-From-Ice] series. While the company still has not announced an official release date, Telltale PR representative Laura Persuco confirmed on Twitter the season will premiere by the end of this year.

"No specific release date announced yet, but I can confirm that the season IS still premiering later this year," Perusco said, responding to a fan's question on when the company's Game of Thrones series will come to Xbox Live Arcade.

Telltale's teasers so far have indicated the game series will involve House Forrester and the Ironwoods.

George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series has risen in popularity, especially with the HBO TV adaptation, Game of Thrones. Over the course of a year, Telltale Games was able to secure a multi-year, multi-title deal working with the Game of Thrones intellectual property.

Since the game's announcement in late 2013 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130330-Telltale-Games-Developing-Episodic-Game-of-Thrones], Telltale has been quiet about Game of Thrones. The developer is currently working on Tales from the Borderlands, a spinoff of Borderlands, and a third season of its The Walking Dead series.

Winter's still coming, but it's already nearly here.

Source: Laura Persuco (Twitter) [https://twitter.com/lauraperusco/status/525732677371297792]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Between this, the Walking Dead and SBCG4AP is it fair to say Telltale is the video game equivalent of mockbusters?(you know, the Transmorphers and AVH: Alien Vs. Hunter people)
I know Telltale gets actual licenses, but it just feels so cheap to make games out of what the popular TV show of the year is. It feels lazy in some way. I'm sure Game of Thrones will sell, but that's about ALL I'm sure about. This game will make money, and I can't get the idea out of my mind that's the only point Telltale is concentrating on.

This will sell, end of discussion.

Joabbuac

Feb 23, 2010
Silentpony said:
Between this, the Walking Dead and SBCG4AP is it fair to say Telltale is the video game equivalent of mockbusters?(you know, the Transmorphers and AVH: Alien Vs. Hunter people)
I know Telltale gets actual licenses, but it just feels so cheap to make games out of what the popular TV show of the year is. It feels lazy in some way. I'm sure Game of Thrones will sell, but that's about ALL I'm sure about. This game will make money, and I can't get the idea out of my mind that's the only point Telltale is concentrating on.

It will also be good... i can be sure about that. I also hadn't ever even heard of the Wolf among us before telltale made the game.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Silentpony said:

Well, except for one thing. Absolutely everything Telltale have release recently is excellent. There's nothing lazy about any of it. Yes they are based on existing franchises, but they're all well-written, well made original stories.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Alfador_VII said:
Silentpony said:

Well, except for one thing. Absolutely everything Telltale have release recently is excellent. There's nothing lazy about any of it. Yes they are based on existing franchises, but they're all well-written, well made original stories.
This. Yeah, it may be less imaginative than coming up with entirely new IPs for every release, but when they knock every single licensed game out of the freaking park, I don't mind at all.

OT

Ohboyohboyohboy! Roll on the end of the year!

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Come on teltale we want another season of the wolf among us !

Then again any teltale adventure is good looking forward to it lets hope it is a good game.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Silentpony said:

That's not lazy. That's the only way these games could be made in today's economy.

Just go ahead and check how many narrative-driven adventure games there were made between 2000 and when the walking dead came around.