Ten Years Living In Aftermath

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Ten years ago today, the World Trade Center buildings were brought down by religious extremists. All of us know that, except perhaps a couple of conspiracy minded individuals on here who believe it was the work of the United States government.

However, who did it is irrelevant now. Even how many died has been eclipsed by the hundreds of thousands of civilians and thousands of U.S. servicemen who have now been killed in the way.

For ten years, we've world-wide been living in the aftermath of a conspiracy put forth by a handful of extremists.

A point put forward in my bands new EP release, Ten Years In Aftermath:
The EP [http://www.fileswap.com/dl/CG5aMPt/The_Last_Full_Measure_-_Ten_Years_In_Aftermath.RAR.html]

It's just truly amazing to me the overwhelming effect that a few people can have for bad, and how because of that harm done so many can do so much harm in response out of hatred and fear. Out of reaction.

The lesson really to be learned from all this is: do not strike back without thought. Do not buy into collective fear. If there is cause for action, take it, but don't take action without cause.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
One thing I hated about the aftermath of 9/11 was when people exploited others' pain to subtley and cynically promote their own agenda or product.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
One thing I hated about the aftermath of 9/11 was when people exploited others' pain to subtley and cynically promote their own agenda or product.
Yeha, regardless of who did the actual attacks, lots of money has been made off it.. And even way more if you count the wars that came because of it..

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
At first I thought he was doing it as some form of satire, but even then it would be pretty douchey.

Anyways, what Sound said.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Exactly, It's just a little sickening to see stuff like this:

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
If you're referring to the EP, it isn't a product. A product costs money. The EP is free.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
MiracleOfSound said:
If you're referring to the EP, it isn't a product. A product costs money. The EP is free.
Not accusing you of anything, however whether you meant it or not, it did make me think of this...

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
2012 Wont Happen said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Not accusing you of anything, however whether you meant it or not, it did make me think of this...

That's funny shit. Ours really isn't emotional as much as political- listen to it if you don't believe me ;) (ehh, ehh?)- but I can still see where you're coming from on this.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
Ten years ago today, the World Trade Center buildings were brought down by religious extremists. All of us know that, except perhaps a couple of conspiracy minded individuals on here who believe it was the work of the United States government.

However, who did it is irrelevant now. Even how many died has been eclipsed by the hundreds of thousands of civilians and thousands of U.S. servicemen who have now been killed in the way.

For ten years, we've world-wide been living in the aftermath of a conspiracy put forth by a handful of extremists.

A point put forward in my bands new EP release, Ten Years In Aftermath:
The EP [http://www.fileswap.com/dl/CG5aMPt/The_Last_Full_Measure_-_Ten_Years_In_Aftermath.RAR.html]

It's just truly amazing to me the overwhelming effect that a few people can have for bad, and how because of that harm done so many can do so much harm in response out of hatred and fear. Out of reaction.

The lesson really to be learned from all this is: do not strike back without thought. Do not buy into collective fear. If there is cause for action, take it, but don't take action without cause.
I'd say "bravo" but for the self promotion.

I shouted out
Who killed the Kennedies
When after all
It was you and me

It does matter who did it. It's a lesson we were beginning to learn up until the fourth week of September, when someone from government met with someone from journalism and said "I'm not asking, I'm telling you, cut this shit out now. Oh, and by the way, the CIA's gonna come by later on and help you out with a new show glorifying torture as a necessary evil, so have a washed up actor ready. I can see it now: in 7 years every Republican presidential candidate will use this fictional murderer's name to refer to the quintessential American hero."

It was the only man-on-the-street journalism that I ever found compelling. They spoke to everyone, they visited the affluent, they visited the projects and the trailer parks. And many of the Americans interviewed had one primary question on their mind: "I want to know what our government did to make these people want to do this." Funny how quickly that gave way to this...

The word freedom itself is now a mind control word. A friend posted this on Youtube recently. I think it's appropriate. Just remember who the real bad guys are. They may not have knocked the towers over themselves, but they trained the future Al Qieda and then abandoned them, and they bombed numerous nations around them before, during and after, killing women and children and assisting tyrants who are TRULY enemies of freedom.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Mackheath said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Wars a costly business, but it makes even more in return. *Shrug*

OT; I ain't too bothered by 9/11. I was a kid when it happened and no-one I knew died, so I find it hard to care. Still, what little is left of my heart goes out to the...3000 odd folks families.

I was in high school. And I remember being scared shitless because we had an increase of police activity at school but that's irrelevant. I second the sentiment from what is little left of my heart.

I don't know anyone who died and in all honesty I'm kind of sick of all the fuss made about it. I know why its made but seriously just *screams in frustration*

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
You know when 9/11 hit I was and still am not very excited about it... 3000 people died... wow... BIG number.. how many are in the world? 6,000,000,000? Even more? Such a BIG number of deaths! people should get over it, easy as that.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
fare777 said:
You know when 9/11 hit I was and still am not very excited about it... 3000 people died... wow... BIG number.. how many are in the world? 6,000,000,000? Even more? Such a BIG number of deaths! people should get over it, easy as that.
The thing about it is, while the initial attack was only 3,000 dead, hundreds of thousands have died in the aftermath, which has been ten years of an incredibly aggressive foreign policy by the United States.

So while it can't rival the death count of the Holocaust, the attacks and the things they caused to happen can probably rival the Rwandan genocide.

I do agree with you about getting over the initial attacks though. America's decade long foreign policy of "revenge for 9/11" has allowed the handful of religious extremists who carried out the attack to have a much greater impact on history than they ever should have.

TheJesus89

Aug 4, 2011
fare777 said:
You are a prick.

Seriously, do you think you're cool or edgy or something? I think 9/11 is incredibly over exaggerated, but I would never as go as far as to tell people to "get over it".

Who gave you the right to be sarcastic about people's deaths? What gave you this fucked up sense of self superiority and knowledge?

It makes me sad that there are people like you on this planet. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
3 months after 9/11, I knew that the Terrorists won. The fear they instilled in our government and the public at large has ultimately cost thousands upon thousands of our servicemen their lives; nevermind the billions that have been spent on another "war" that, by its very premise cannot ever be won.

We (well, Americans anyway) had our civil liberties threatened to their core by notorious works of law like the Patriot Act. Some of us have been harassed and molested by Homeland Security and TSA. Fortunately, the country hasn't burned down yet because of those (no, the political-economic domination by an unethical country government does that today. I dare you to guess who), but they were near-misses.

Even the fallout of the fallout has spawned civil idiocy: Take the Westboro Baptist Church for example. The War on Terror has given them ample funerals to push their hateful and stupid agenda (this coming from a Methodist, no less) nonstop.

Generally speaking, I roll my eyes at this time of year. Not to spite those innocents to who died, but out of the contempt for those who fervently milk the disaster for profit. I see book promos, flags, bumperstickers and other merch being figuratively pushed over the graves of people who deserved better.

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
TheJesus89 said:
You are a prick.

Seriously, do you think you're cool or edgy or something? I think 9/11 is incredibly over exaggerated, but I would never as go as far as to tell people to "get over it".

Who gave you the right to be sarcastic about people's deaths? What gave you this fucked up sense of self superiority and knowledge?

It makes me sad that there are people like you on this planet. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
I'm an asshole for having my own opinion? yeah... OK I can deal with that... Besides, it's easy to get over someone's death, atleast i find it easy. Don't see why that makes me a prick.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
fare777 said:
TheJesus89 said:
You are a prick.

I'm an asshole for having my own opinion? yeah... OK I can deal with that... Besides, it's easy to get over someone's death, atleast i find it easy. Don't see why that makes me a prick.
@TheJesus89, there will always be people who say things just to piss off others, then claim that they are jes' tellin' it like it is, and that if that makes them an asshole, then so be it! Never mind that they aren't engaging in truthtelling in the first place, but rather pointless, meaningless, utterly fruitless rabble-rousing. You're talking to a person who thinks he's the only person of this sort (rhymes with "coal") who was ever clever enough to mock 911. So pretend you're talking to a kid, and don't shatter his world too much. Just let him have this one thing.