Tenchu Developer Sneaking Boxer Shorts All Over Japan

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Tenchu Developer Sneaking Boxer Shorts All Over Japan

Acquire has been photographing a pair of underwear as it travels around Japan, but nobody really knows why.

Japanese videogame developer Acquire, known for teasing [http://www.amazon.com/Tenchu-Stealth-Assassins-Playstation/dp/B00000I1BG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1293824475&sr=8-3] something very... interesting. On a teaser website, the company is rotating images of boxer shorts in various situations around the Japanese district of Akihabara.

Sometimes the shorts are just lying on the street, while other scenes are more action-packed with the pair hanging from a tree limb or a pole. The boxer shorts themselves have a blue and white striped pattern and look to be either a medium or large.

An associated widget lets you tweet about the strange images along with text that says "Akihabara x Trunks." If this is a clue towards what the website is referring to, I hope someone has the ability to explain, because I'm baffled.

The name "Akihabara x Trunks" sounds like Namco/Capcom crossover What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102342-Namco-Capcom-Crossover-Confirmed-at-Comic-Con] on the PlayStation Network in 2010, so this could be a tease for another unique downloadable title. I'm personally hoping that the boxer shorts are a disguised ninja, and Acquire is making a new, but actually good version of Tenchu.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.akbstrip.jp/]

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Bizzare, I'd love for another great Tenchu game though. Especially when you're playing as underwear :p

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
HankMan said:
Trogdor1138 said:
Bizzare, I'd love for another great Tenchu game though. Especially when you're playing as underwear :p
Tenchu: Wrath of skid marks =D
HAH! I love it. You'd have to be careful of strange odors giving away your position to ninjas.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
I'm personally hoping that the boxer shorts are a disguised ninja, and Acquire is making a new, but actually good version of Tenchu.
Yes please! Would make a nice change from recent years.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Only in Japan... because America is too boring.

Heres hoping for more Way of the Samurai goodness :3

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Bah.
After that Prinny game, I bet underwear are just the new thing in Japanese games, like how chest-high-walls have been a fad in US releases.

Anyone wanna bet that the secret form for the third game of this generation of Pokemon's gonna be underwear-themed?

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
They are obviously making a new DBZ game featuring trunks as the main character.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
It's Japan. People are probably obsessed with watching where this piece of fabric goes every day. They're just special like that. =D

verindae

May 22, 2010
fanklok said:
They are obviously making a new DBZ game featuring trunks as the main character.
This person speaks sense, 'twas the first thing I thought of as well :p

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
God knows if they placed "mysterious boxers" in America it would be a terrorist threat... Ninja terrorist threat. Dun dun DUUNNN.

I wants a new Tenchu.