Tennessee Authorities Arrest Man For ‘Posting an Anti-Police Meme’ on Social Media

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Special Agents from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and Dickson Police Department on Friday arrested a man accused of posting a fake photograph on social media depicting two men urinating on the grave of a police officer who was tragically killed on duty in 2018.
“Agents visited the gravesite and quickly determined the photograph is not authentic. The TBI’s work, however, continues and, to that end, the Bureau would encourage anyone with information about who may be responsible for manufacturing the image to call at 1-800-TBI-FIND.”
The bureau’s investigation led them to arrest Joshua Andrew Garton, who they charged with Harassment and held on $76,000 bond.
So how are the people enjoying what was it mockingly being called "Freeze Peach"?

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States

So how are the people enjoying what was it mockingly being called "Freeze Peach"?
There's no need to be like that. I think that those of us who are very concerned with "free speech" can come out and clearly condemn this sort of government behavior without trying to use this as a "gotcha" moment.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
All I see is you still lacking even the most basic understanding of the arguments...
Oh you mean like how slowly more speech would become criminalised in the name of "civility" and not just be some cranks getting censored. Oh right that was the argument me and others have kept making lol

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Oh you mean like how slowly more speech would become criminalised in the name of "civility" and not just be some cranks getting censored. Oh right that was the argument me and others have kept making lol
You do realize speech has been much much more limited in the past right? And this will be turned over as violating the constitution and he will get a cash payout for wrongful arrest.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I think we all recognised and warned that right-wing authorities would ruthlessly restrict free speech if they had the slightest chance.

Last edited:

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I find it funny that the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations shortens their name to TBI....which, to anyone either in the medical, or military circles, knows is short for Traumatic Brain Injury.....seems fitting given the level of brain dead reaction from the cops.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Related:

Remember this?

Well they're charging that guy with "election interference"

Should a person be able to use their free speech to give people misleading instructions on how to vote?

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Quotes please.
Every god-damned time people call for some-one else to be fired for some stupid post or wearing a shirt people don't like.
The people who went after youtuber Alpha Omega Sin with false child abuse allegations trying to get his kid taken away from him.
Laughing Witch and Crew who years ago tried to get Dr Phil Mason fired or arrested.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Every god-damned time people call for some-one else to be fired for some stupid post or wearing a shirt people don't like.
The people who went after youtuber Alpha Omega Sin with false child abuse allegations trying to get his kid taken away from him.
Laughing Witch and Crew who years ago tried to get Dr Phil Mason fired or arrested.
The public calling for someone to be fired, isn't the same thing as actual law enforcement arresting someone, especially if they didn't do the thing they are accused of doing, AND if that thing isn't a crime anyway.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The public calling for someone to be fired, isn't the same thing as actual law enforcement arresting someone, especially if they didn't do the thing they are accused of doing, AND if that thing isn't a crime anyway.
Well this is what I said
No just not allowed to have jobs, houses, finances or families.
That is what I was responding to being called out over.

Also to be clear Laughing Witch was trying to get Dr Mason either arrested or at least investigated before. People keep pushing for speech laws well who do you think ill enforce them if not the police and justice system?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I get your sentiment.

However, I think you're fighting the wrong battle. This is Police Abuse of Power and overreach. Censorship would actually be if the police got together and arrested people who didn't use Sie and Ey. If they threw anyone who didn't completely agree that Global Warming is Happening and that Black Lives Matter.

If the cops came together to arrest anyone who dare countered those 'leftist' ideals, then the problem that you were espousing would have come at last.

This is not that. There's nothing leftist at all here. This is actually what I've been saying forever; The Police have too much power and they abuse it regularly.

The fact that you saw free speech was hindered and your mind immediately went to "Somehow this is obviously the Left's fault" is a bit confusing, because in no way did the free speech in General condemn the right while supporting the left. In fact, there is nothing political but Cops and Citizens.

It's like the saying goes, if One hears hooves in the distance in America's heartland, one shouldn't instantly think of Zebras because one happens to like Zebras. One should look at the surrounding area and go "This probably has to do more with horses than anything else".

Reactions: Xprimentyl and Kwak

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Well this is what I said

That is what I was responding to being called out over.

Also to be clear Laughing Witch was trying to get Dr Mason either arrested or at least investigated before. People keep pushing for speech laws well who do you think ill enforce them if not the police and justice system?
How is a private citizen using their right to free speech petitioning a company to fire someone equivalent to "not allowed to have jobs, houses, finances or families"?