Terminator Reboot Coming in June 2015

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Might as well make another Twins movie while we're at it
Oh Wait...
...That's a joke right? That' not actually happening is it O.O

Any way good christ let the series go! It's not a super hero or Slasher movie franchise. We don't all constantly want and need more of it. Let it go!

Fangface74

Lock 'n' Load
Feb 22, 2008
You guys are awesome!

Quite correctly (and literally) disenfranchised with remakes, reboots, sequel this, prequel that etc

Message to writers everywhere; Take a chance and WRITE......SOMETHING........NEW!

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Originality simply decided to roll over and die after 90's. Everything is a reboot or an adaptation today. I don't even give a fuck about anything that happened after Terminator 2. Sequels don't exist for me.

How long do you think it will take Marvel to do a reboot of Avengers after they're done with what they're doing now? I think 5-7 years.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I believe my mate on Facebook sum it better then I could. This is what he said "WHY???"

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
They better put some effort into that shit or the franchise will be untouchable forever, and fans will find and eat everyone involved in its production. You don't simply beat a horse this dead unless you're going somewhere with it.

O maestre

Nov 19, 2008
why? what the fuck do thy think is going to happen, its a quick cash grab for all the nostalgic people. I do not understand how an industry the size of hollywood is so fucking unimaginative, instead making new IPs an potential franchises they muddle around with bad teen books and movies from the past.... im too tired to articulate my annoyance right now but rest assured i am seething at their incompetence and lack of courage

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
The only way I see a Terminator reboot working is if they went with all new actors or characters. As it is, with Arnold as the Terminator, I don't see it working. It would strike me as either a shame-less money grab (which it probably is) or a half-assed retread of one of the older movies.

Norix596

Nov 2, 2010
They seem to be falling into the mental trap that there can only be a Terminator with Arnold Schwartzcritter even when is far beyond the identified age. I predict another problem. When The Terminator first showed, Arnold was a run of the mill action actor -- since then he has become a joke in the sense that the parody of his persona will be hard to get past and will likely undermine the tone of what is at its heart, a horror movie.

Let's see how Moviebob's reboot ideas come through -- as he said, being hunted by a machine in this day and age of info mining and social networking is a different beast. If they follow the same logic that led them to hire Arnold again and reshoot the "phonebook scene" (phonebook, what's that?) it would be a real missed opportunity.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Calling Terminator: Salvation mediocre is high praise. That movie was the full thirty-one flavors of stupid, and the only reason the human resistance had any chance of success was that Skynet managed to out-stupid them.

(Here's an idea. You have Kyle Reese captive? You have some understanding of his significance? Kill him.)

(Please: don't reply to tell me how this would create a time paradox. These movies long abandoned serious contemplation of a timeline that is either rigid or self-fulfilling, and besides, I pretty literally can go on regarding the other thirty flavors of stupid.)

As far as the reboot... Having screwed up/over the original franchise, revisiting the original with your sixty-something lead (and minus the director who made the franchise work, who has actually gone on to better things) is probably not the best idea in the world. This seems like a whole lot of work that is almost certain to disappoint the makers and audiences alike. Unless someone has a serious idea that will add something new, unexpected and different that will totally re-invigorate things (and don't let the high-concept pitch meeting convince you that you've got something you don't, boys), let the franchise die and move on to other things. Maybe in another decade it will be worth a look.

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
See, the problem is that when you view the terminator franchise as a whole there is a noticeable drop off in quality after terminator 2. If we want the entire series to feel cohesive then we have to go back and make the first two films mirror the quality of the later entries in the series.

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Please make Google the new Skynet... please? They already own most of the internet anyway...

I enjoyed the Terminator movies, even the bad ones, but I don't see any way this can work out well.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Kieve said:
Please make Google the new Skynet... please?
SHHHHH! Noone's supposed to know! Why do you think Skynet rebranded in the first place?

At this point I really don't care about Terminator. Unless they plan on erasing all record of the originals I will just happily ignore the shitty reboot that gets churned out and if I want to see a movie about killer cyborg time-traveling assassins I'll watch Doctor Who the first two films.

I just hope that they don't try and reboot The Blues Brothers or Spinal Tap. Then I might get stabby.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Callate said:
Calling Terminator: Salvation mediocre is high praise. That movie was the full thirty-one flavors of stupid, and the only reason the human resistance had any chance of success was that Skynet managed to out-stupid them.

(Here's an idea. You have Kyle Reese captive? You have some understanding of his significance? Kill him.)

(Please: don't reply to tell me how this would create a time paradox. These movies long abandoned serious contemplation of a timeline that is either rigid or self-fulfilling, and besides, I pretty literally can go on regarding the other thirty flavors of stupid.)

As far as the reboot... Having screwed up/over the original franchise, revisiting the original with your sixty-something lead (and minus the director who made the franchise work, who has actually gone on to better things) is probably not the best idea in the world. This seems like a whole lot of work that is almost certain to disappoint the makers and audiences alike. Unless someone has a serious idea that will add something new, unexpected and different that will totally re-invigorate things (and don't let the high-concept pitch meeting convince you that you've got something you don't, boys), let the franchise die and move on to other things. Maybe in another decade it will be worth a look.
The entire premise of the movie was idiotic.

"Hey! Everyone wants to see the story of John Conner starting the resistance! Let's show them a barely-related story about this half-terminator guy instead, and marginalize Conner's significance to the resistance in the process!"

That should have gotten the writer smacked in the face with his own script.

Not to mention how the super-strong terminators thought that the appropriate response to getting their hands on somebody that they wanted to kill was to throw them across the room, rather than just reach for their throat and crush it with their super strong robot hands.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
StewShearer said:
Arnold Schwarzeneggar
You misspelt his name throughout. It's Arnold Schwarzenegger, Schwarz-en-egg-er. Dialectal Austrian German form for 'Someone living on the black peak or slope'.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
BloodSquirrel said:
Not to mention how the super-strong terminators thought that the appropriate response to getting their hands on somebody that they wanted to kill was to throw them across the room, rather than just reach for their throat and crush it with their super strong robot hands.
Or, "Why does the base designed by and for Skynet still have human-accessible controls"... Or "Why, in the presence of a hostile human element, does the base not simply have the capability to flood with toxic gas"... Or "Why does the cyborg unit designed for infiltration not have any Skynet-connected ability to take over its controls or at least shut it down"... Or "How is it that the human base is surrounded by magnetic mines, has a water system full of killer robots nearby, and yet Skynet's forces haven't figured out where it is within a reasonable guesstimate that could be covered by a nuclear detonation..."

And so on, and so on, and so on. I wasn't kidding when I said there were an additional thirty flavors of stupid.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
erbkaiser said:
StewShearer said:
Arnold Schwarzeneggar
You misspelt his name throughout. It's Arnold Schwarzenegger, Schwarz-en-egg-er. Dialectal Austrian German form for 'Someone living on the black peak or slope'.
So I did. Thanks, I'll fix that up.