**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

Viral_Lola

Jul 13, 2009
I don't know what Norway did to deserve this but I am really hoping that the death toll doesn't grow any higher.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Damm this has got a lot worse than a few hours ago when I first heard the news, I really hope those shot at the youth camp weren't young children. Why is it that everytime terrorism finally seems to be shutting down something stupid like this happens? Great, I going on holiday in two days time and I wouldn't be surprised if being a thin tanned young man I get an extra-special pat-down through the airport terminals :p

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
JB1528 said:
Killerowl said:
TheAmokz said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Wow.
That's just sick.
I feel really sorry for you guys.

And what the fuck has Norway done?
Muslims don't need reasons to kill infidels.

Islam once again shows its true face.
Why would you blame Islam?! There's nothing with this attack that say it's done by muslims.
Look at page 6 and 8, apparently an Islamic group already claimed credit. Of course it may not be true but so far the evidence points at Islamic extremeism at the moment.
It might have escaped you to actually read the links, but the group that claimed responsibility have since redacted their claims and a 404 now appears on the original source. Check page 5 and 8. The links are there. And here is another [http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Oslo+bomb+kills+gunman+opens+fire+youth+camp/5143941/story.html]
Shortly after the bomb, a gunman described by a police official as tall and blond opened fire at the island of Utoeya north-west of Oslo, sending people scattering in terror. The target was a youth camp of Stoltenberg's Labour party youth section.
This is the police official's statement, not plain eyewitness account.

In the interest of fairness, the AP have not confirmed that. That is a quote from the Vancuver Sun (from the link).

Giest4life

The Saucepan Man
Feb 13, 2010
Killerowl said:
JB1528 said:
Killerowl said:
TheAmokz said:
Sizzle Montyjing said:
Wow.
That's just sick.
I feel really sorry for you guys.

And what the fuck has Norway done?
Muslims don't need reasons to kill infidels.

Islam once again shows its true face.
Why would you blame Islam?! There's nothing with this attack that say it's done by muslims.
Look at page 6 and 8, apparently an Islamic group already claimed credit. Of course it may not be true but so far the evidence points at Islamic extremeism at the moment.
Then why is the shooter a white norwegian male?

The evidence currently available points to this being the work of nationalists.

And I call BS on the islamic group claiming responsibility. At least for now. We still don't have the whole picture yet.
That group has since redacted that claim. That claim was made on the groups forums and the mods of the terrorist group have since deleted that post. Not sticking up for the terrorist group, but they don't want to do anything with this.

I posted the original links to the story on page 6; am just too lazy to retrieve them. Sorry.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Michael Logan said:
Yea it doesnt help their cause. If there is more of this, next election in Sweden I'm voting SD. And I doubt I will be alone in doing so.
Oh please no. Please don't vote for those neo-nazis. It won't help.

OT: My condolences to Norway. It's a awful thing to have happened. I hope they catch the people behind it and I'm glad the shooter from Utøya is behind bars.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Damn... I mean seriously, this is just horrible A bomb alone is bad enough, but then going after kids... it just makes me sick. I hope the shooter is made to suffer horribly for what he's done, and that they find and do the same to the one who put the bomb there (which might not have been the same person). It's all just horrible.

Though I also find it pretty bad that so many people are so quick to blame muslims for this. While it may or may not have been a muslim extremist group who did this, that doesn't mean all muslims are to blame. The fact that they've claimed responsibility and some asshole on twitter is calling it a jihad doesn't make it true. (EDIT: which according to others, the claim was redacted anyways). I do have to wonder why Norway was targetted though. I would think reprinting a newspaper and being a part of something that other countries are doing (NATO bombing as someone else mentioned) as well wouldn't lead them to be a major target. Maybe they seemed to be the easiest to target? Perhaps, but it just seems so odd to me. Let's just hope this is the end of it.

Sep 11, 2009
VG.no (Major norwegian news site) posted a short summary of what has happened in english. Here's a link:

http://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/artikkel.php?artid=10080597

You can even ask questions at the bottom of the article

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Ugh. Been playing M2:Total War for almost twenty four hours now, and this is how I wake up to reality?

Fuck it, going back to Total War.

(And you say the guy who did it was of "Scandinavian appearance"? Good, atleast there won't be any race-riots)

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
Realitycrash said:
Ugh. Been playing M2:Total War for almost twenty four hours now, and this is how I wake up to reality?

(And you say the guy who did it was of "Scandinavian appearance"? Good, atleast there won't be any race-riots)
too late.....

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
trollnystan said:
Michael Logan said:
Yea it doesnt help their cause. If there is more of this, next election in Sweden I'm voting SD. And I doubt I will be alone in doing so.
Uh, according to the news and less reliable sources (like Escapist and Flashback) it seems more likely that the guy actually was more or less right-wing, not to mention that it went out to a Labour Party youth-camp and started shooting people there.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Jegsimmons said:
Realitycrash said:

too late.....
I know, I know, the interwebz are buzzing with angry people screaming "amg, next time I'm voting for whichever party bans immigrants!", hilariously thinking that banning immigration will stop terrorism, but the evidence so far points to it being a non-muslim terrorist, so the commotion will die down.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Killerowl said:
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Something I don't like about this is all the people jumping on the "muslims did it" bandwagon.
Just check the comments on the youtube video and see what I mean.

Yes, this was probably done by an EXTREMIST muslim group. Don't judge all of them because what very few of them does.

It pisses me off!
An extremist muslim is still a muslim. So, if a muslim extremist group did this, the people saying "muslims did it" are, in fact, factually correct.
Yes, it is. But that was not my point.
I don't like that they try to put all muslims in the same group!

Racism is just going to get worse in this country after this.
Well, they do all get their 'moral' teachings from the same books. The fact that followers of islam in general are more violent and intolerant than the followers of christianity, for instance, speaks volumes for the reason of xenophobia towards muslims.

Look at me, railing on muslims like that. If I say much more, I'm likely to get warned, so enough about them.
It's funny that you say that because throughout history, christianity has been a very violent religion. The Crusades, I'm looking at you.

And the Bible is full of bad morals, and so is the Quran, mainly because they both are old outdated books. But both books also contain good morals.

And christians being more tolerant and less violent; there's no truth in that, unless you can show me proof. Don't try to blame all the muslims for what very few of them does.
The crusades were in the 11th 12th and 13th century you do realise that right?

That's a looooong time ago.

I'm not religious I just think it's a bit of strange thing to compare modern bombings to.

As for Oslo it's terrible it's happened :( and me and a friend are checking up on our friends that live there.