**Terror in Oslo** UPDATE: Anders Breivik gets 8 weeks of custody

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
similar.squirrel said:
Jonluw said:
similar.squirrel said:
Oh, goddamn. I wish I was there to donate blood, I really do. This is so horrible.
That isn't an issue from what I'm hearing.
They've been asking for people with bloodtype 0- but I think I remember hearing them saying they had all the blood they needed and asking people to stop calling to donate.
Thank ___ for that. It was an admirably fast response.
Indeed. I was quite surprised when they said they didn't need any more blood.

LE0Night

Mar 3, 2011
Sangreal Gothcraft said:
Is it know that this was done by the "Religion of peace"
Nothing is yet known of any allegiances to groups/organizations. The police are raiding the guys apartment as we speak.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Monxerot said:
Swedish media is being very silent but is just hooraying because of the fact that the man was Norwegian and not middle-eastern -_- die political correctness!
Elaborate?... Swedish media is doing just fine according to me.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Goddamn it taking away Religion is going to do more harm than good! Arguably, but if you're going to say things like that please elaborate and be mindful of the religions that did nothing wrong or at least didn't do things as badly as others. It really gets on my nerves when if a religion causes say the death of a few people people suddenly scream "BAN ALL RELIGION!"

Now that I got that off my chest, I hope nothing worse happens and that the people affected have a fast recovery. Can't imagine something like that happening over here in NZ...

Norendithas

Oct 13, 2009
I'm not too sure why there is talk against religion going on at the moment. This attack seems to be clearly politically motivated..

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I hope everyone who was close to those two events are safe.

I'm sorry to hear that Norway has suffered something like this :(

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Norendithas said:
I'm not too sure why there is talk against religion going on at the moment. This attack seems to be clearly politically motivated..
The same reason why people attack America.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Right, so... Nordic people are committing acts of terrorism in Norway. Why? What is their apparent grievance that they bomb and shoot?

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
A friend's mother just called me an hour ago. A friend swam out, and it is pretty far to swim. In hospital now, exhausted. Sometimes I wonder what motivates a person to do this..

Sep 11, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Right, so... Nordic people are committing acts of terrorism in Norway. Why? What is their apparent grievance that they bomb and shoot?
Could be political, or just some lunatic.

The attacks seem to have had a political focus.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Hammeroj said:
Killerowl said:
Something I don't like about this is all the people jumping on the "muslims did it" bandwagon.
Just check the comments on the youtube video and see what I mean.

Yes, this was probably done by an EXTREMIST muslim group. Don't judge all of them because what very few of them does.

It pisses me off!
An extremist muslim is still a muslim. So, if a muslim extremist group did this, the people saying "muslims did it" are, in fact, factually correct.
Yes, it is. But that was not my point.
I don't like that they try to put all muslims in the same group!

Racism is just going to get worse in this country after this.
Well, they do all get their 'moral' teachings from the same books. The fact that followers of islam in general are more violent and intolerant than the followers of christianity, for instance, speaks volumes for the reason of xenophobia towards muslims.

Look at me, railing on muslims like that. If I say much more, I'm likely to get warned, so enough about them.

Vampire cat said:
It's not like they flew to the building... As long as they do a proper job in the aftermath. We don't even know if the attackers ARE from outside, and most terrorist attacks are by people well integrated into the society of the country in question.
And that's exactly why what I said is a jab at the idiotic airport security in the US.

lacktheknack said:
I'm not asking for a justification... but the terrorists wouldn't attack, say, Zimbabwe, because there wouldn't be a point. They only sacrifice themselves for a cause, after all.

I'm just asking "for what cause?" They aren't entirely irrational, they DO follow some form of logic. They don't go blowing themselves up for fun.
You don't need a reason better than "it's a developed western democratic country".

I don't think anyone blew up here, but those that do, do in fact do it for fun. An eternity of bliss, so I'm told.
Christianity isn't tolerant, all Christians still try to convert me because I'm a pagan, its just they are not allowed any more to kill me.

ON that note...if there were no Mulsums in Oslo this would not of happened...truth.

Tuckiozi

May 4, 2009
Christianity isn't tolerant, all Christians still try to convert me because I'm a pagan, its just they are not allowed any more to kill me.

ON that note...if there were no Mulsums in Oslo this would not of happened...truth.
...Yeah, muslims had nothing to do with this. Thought I might let you know. In fact, you should know already.

Evuloo

Jul 13, 2009
I actually know the girl "Emily Bersas" (Emilie Bersaas) that they interviewed on Sky News quite well. Got a bit spooked when I found out she was on Utøya (Out-island?).